Cpu speaker producing beep sounds

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
My CPU's speaker is producing beep sound as soon as I switch it on. It is 1 short and 1 long beep. I checked the RAM, HDDs. I reset the bios too by removing BIOS battery. I'm thinking that it is an integrated gpu failure.
My pc is Compaq SG3540IL with MSI BOSTON MS-7525 ver 1.0 motherboard.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
acc to to your mobo 1 short beep and 1 long beep means bad memory or memory config error ... if you have 2 ram modules check each mem module by mounting on mobos both slot one at a time - for a single mem module check it using a friend's pc or plug it on any empty unused mem module slot of the mobo - if the pc boots check the mem module using mem test app for errors. If still yu are getting beeps but no display :

Borrow a working ram module and test your mobo with this and do the same for a gfx card.

doom2010

Journeyman
Sorry OP for highjacking thread...
I have a somehow similar problem. My Cabinet is producing short beep message
when booting but not all time.After that its take long time to boot into OS. And when the sound is not occurred boot time is normal.So whats the cause?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ scan your HDD for bad sectors ( use your HDD manufacturer's tool for that )

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
acc to to your mobo 1 short beep and 1 long beep means bad memory or memory config error ... if you have 2 ram modules check each mem module by mounting on mobos both slot one at a time - for a single mem module check it using a friend's pc or plug it on any empty unused mem module slot of the mobo - if the pc boots check the mem module using mem test app for errors. If still yu are getting beeps but no display :

Borrow a working ram module and test your mobo with this and do the same for a gfx card.

100% Working ! Faced same problem some times and it was coz of bad memory...likely to be the problem in your case too..

Top Bottom