Cpu restarts on giving jerks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfield_56

zzzzzzzzzz........
my pc was working fine...then one day..i shut it down nd the next time i switched it back on (about6-7 hrs later)...the monitor was blank and there were many beeps coming from the CPU.....

then next day...i tried switching it on again....this time the beeps were gone but the screen was still blank....

about half-an hour later, i switched it on again...this tym it started normally :shock: ... but it was restarting every 15 minutes....

then this whole process repeated the nxt 2 days...

but now..its again back to working normal...but it restarts ewhen even a small jerk is given to the cpu!!!

is my pc okay..or is something wrong with it????/

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
post your config and time of purchase + when the problem started ? did you do something noticeable before it all started.

dreams

Gracias Senor
i am havin the same prob..so wil post it here rather thn startin a new thrd..
my pc boots..windows loads..after everythn loads..it restarts automatically..tried in safe mode..same..tried unchekin auto restart..same..then one day..all power and hdd light blinks very freq..after sometime..pc starts then same thing happ.
wat may b the prob..
config - p4 2.4ghz
1gb + 256mb ddr1 ram,
80gb hdd
dvd writer
945gvad2 mob

pls help.

prakashr85

Journeyman
Try disconnecting all the drives except supply to mother board and power on system and check whether it restarts . if it restarts the problem is power supply. other wise disconnect the hard disk put live cd in drive and boot it check now it restarts if it restarts check your ram And smps other wise check you hard disk.

dreams

Gracias Senor
thnx.. prakashr85 & infra_red_dude

now my computer is stable..here is wat i have done..
removed both side covers..unplugged all the cables from the back..removed all the cable connections except from the mob..removed the RAM.
Used a hair dryer to blow off the dust..then plugged in the power cable and monitor cable and checked..not rebooting..then inserted one RAM and checked..same..then inserted second RAM and checked..same..then connected HDD..same.

then connected my DVD Writer and working fine till now..thnx all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom