Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's the places :

Theitdepot - Buy Antec Accent Lighting Red online in india
Buy Modding | Modding in India | Buy Modding Online at cheap Price

and if possible add a fan controller in front of the cabby .. that looks mighty awesome ;-)

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
here's the places :

Theitdepot - Buy Antec Accent Lighting Red online in india
Buy Modding | Modding in India | Buy Modding Online at cheap Price

and if possible add a fan controller in front of the cabby .. that looks mighty awesome ;-)

Let me see. :). Btw not all of cabinet fans show up in speedfan. As in it shows only one fan speed. U have any idea how to control and see others?
Also tell me some ok front fan controller. Not too costly though. :p..

Let me see. :). Btw not all of cabinet fans show up in speedfan. As in it shows only one fan speed. U have any idea how to control and see others?
Also tell me some ok front fan controller. Not too costly though. :p..
>A Avoid SpeedFan. It's known to report incorrect readings and mess with fan speeds.

> Any fan speed reporting utility will report the speed of fan(s) connected to the motherboard's 3/4 pin connector and not of those powered by molex connector.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
>A Avoid SpeedFan. It's known to report incorrect readings and mess with fan speeds.

> Any fan speed reporting utility will report the speed of fan(s) connected to the motherboard's 3/4 pin connector and not of those powered by molex connector.

How do I see the speed of those connected with the molex ones? N how to control them?

^ you cannot. To control their speed, you may build a pulse wave modulator.

^ you cannot. To control their speed, you may build a pulse wave modulator.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
I will think about the fan controller.
And about the pulse wave modulator, just forget about it. Too much of an effort. :p. Can you guys recommend me some other important stuff that I should buy? Was thinking about an ssd but not sure if I'm gonna need it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ SSD won't increse performance .. just faster boot and app loading time if you are Ok with that go ahead and buy a 64GB SSD at-least.

^ and even that will just control the speed, not measure.

^ and even that will just control the speed, not measure.

And why there's a touch screen on that controller then ?

right, for that Op needs NZXT Sentry LXE.

^ some fan controllers have touchscreen or a normal backlit led screen to display prefer of fans with 3 pin or 4 pin connector. What I was saying that op wants to control and measure speeds of molex fans and that a fan controller will allow him to control but not measure the speeds of molex fans.

^ some fan controllers have touchscreen or a normal backlit led screen to display prefer of fans with 3 pin or 4 pin connector. What I was saying that op wants to control and measure speeds of molex fans and that a fan controller will allow him to control but not measure the speeds of molex fans.

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Thank you everyone for your help. I will see about the fan controller in the future. But as of now all my problems are resolved and I'm going to carry on with what I have for a few months at least. :p..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice decision .

most fan these days have 3 or 4 pin connectors and comes with a molex converter connector as most mobos don't have many 3 or 4 pin fan headers ... now if a fan has 3 or 4 pin connection and Op connects them with the fan controller ( provied the fan controller has the necessary headers and speed measurement ) then speeds can be measured without any issue .. as for fans having only molex connection .. they should connected with the PSU directly .. sometime using a molex Y cable and there's no way to measure the RPM of such fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom