CPU over tremp error

sandeep410

Journeyman
I get this error while playing game. When PC restarted i saw the temp at 73 degrees. I am using normal fan attached to cpu as cooler. Can any1 suggest any better cooling stuff that can keep my CPU temp normal

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I get this error while playing game. When PC restarted i saw the temp at 73 degrees. I am using normal fan attached to cpu as cooler. Can any1 suggest any better cooling stuff that can keep my CPU temp normal

post your complete config. which error are you getting?

Flash

Lost in speed
This error? Which error?

> Which application is displaying the error?

> Run the software HWinfo along with the game and post the app's screenshot showing temperature of all components and CPU fan speed.

> Post a pic of your cabinet interior.

OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
Batman arkham origins. It doesnt happen always only sometimes so its not easy to get the temp info. PC restarts and on main screen it says CPU over temp error press F1 to enter bios. When i entered it temp was 73 and getting reduced.
I have applied sufficeint thermal paste lasttime. I suspect normal cooling fan is not good enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the cooler comes with 2500k is a crap [ for some and here's a thread here in TDF on this ! ] , anyway, the TiM you used should be of good quality if not better get some good quality TiM like CM ThermalFusion, DeepCool Z5, Arctic Silver 5 etc. or else you can buy a good cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212 Evo.

Batman arkham origins. It doesnt happen always only sometimes so its not easy to get the temp info. PC restarts and on main screen it says CPU over temp error press F1 to enter bios. When i entered it temp was 73 and getting reduced.
I have applied sufficeint thermal paste lasttime. I suspect normal cooling fan is not good enough.

Buddy, just run HWinfo and the game at the same time. Play the game for some time and then post the screenshot of HWinfo showing the temperatures and cpu fan speeds.

OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
Heres the image

Attachments

• hwinfo.jpg
    hwinfo.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 87

moltenskull

Journeyman
Sandeep,the max temperature your CPU reached is 96 Degrees on one core,at one point of time...Are you sure you applied thermal paste?If yes,did you apply too much thermal paste?

moltenskull

Journeyman
Rijinpk1 is correct,Sandeep.Since you wrote that the temperature was reducing when you rebooted,it shows that the CPU cooler fan was working.However,check again if the fan is spinning at it's proper speed and if possible,in BIOS,set the CPU fan setting to 'Full On'...:) Also,if your GPU (GTX 660,I believe) is working properly at optimum temps,then it's safe to assume there is adequate airflow....:)

OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
I have applied and reapplied lot of times. And there was no excess thermal paste. But i have been getting this error always. I dont think my fan is properly conducting heat transfer from cpu

Attachments

• sys1.jpg
    sys1.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 92
  • sys2.JPG
    sys2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 92
  • sys3.JPG
    sys3.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 82
  • sys4.JPG
    sys4.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 85

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
all of your hdds are super hot. they may be stacked up and you may be using a local cabinet without fans and all. you must need to change that .
secondly, have you removed old thermal paste before applying new by isopropyl alcohol? probably you can try with another cpu cooler and see any change in cpu temperature.

I have applied and reapplied lot of times. And there was no excess thermal paste. But i have been getting this error always. I dont think my fan is properly conducting heat transfer from cpu

CPU fan speed seeps like at 80% max. Anyways, temperatures shouldn't be that high even with that.

> Which thermal paste are you using?

> What is the fan setup and cable management in your cabinet?

Top Bottom