CPU is only utilizing 3-4% power during gaming. Help please!!

I've AMD 1055T X6 2.8ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, MSI R7770 1GB DDR5 Graphics card, Cooler Master 600W Extreme Power PSU. This is a pretty good conf. for smooth gaming at full hd resolution. I'm using Windows 8 enterprise edition which is working pretty smooth. My problem is that whenever i game, the fps varies drastically from 50-60 to only 7-8 within seconds and when i minimize the game and check in the task manager, only 3-4% power of CPU is being used and only 2GB of available 8GB is being used. I don't know what's the problem. Please help!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
windows 8 can create issues while playing games ;-) and what games you are talking about and the PSU you have is not exactly the best one - do one thing install windows 7 and try to be sure every hardware component is ok...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
just to backup topgear... Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

but it can deliver around 450W safely, which i am sure you are not exceeding on your config. and win8 has known issues with games. so as adviced, go for win7 x64 and see if it performs okay.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
rememberer me of the days of win vista .. anyway, another suggestion is to ( if Op is using a legit copy ) try updating windows using automatic update, set windows to high performance mode, update all the drivers - disable CnQ in bios and try.

doomgiver

Warframe
wait, OP is getting 50-60 fps.... whats the problem?

and as for the 3-4% utilization, buddy, you are OUT OF THE GAME. the cpu does not have to compute game anymore.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice find ;-)

the fps varies drastically from 50-60 to only 7-8 within seconds and when i minimize the game and check in the task manager, only 3-4% power of CPU is being used and only 2GB of available 8GB is being used. I don't know what's the problem. Please help!!!

I think Op is facing some gfx card driver related issue - as win 8 is new this is not unusual.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
We cant say very accurately until you say which game. And how much of AA and other graphics settings have been selected.

Top Bottom