aaronbrako

Broken In
A friend needs a new CPU, so here goes

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Casual gaming, skyrim, bf3 etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Home Premium

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: He already has 1, 1280x800 I think, I'll confirm and update this asap

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Kb+mouse, monitor, speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This Sunday probably

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, lamington road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
A. Will the guys at lamington road assemble it ?
B. Where in lamington can he sell his old pc: Core 2 Quad, 4GB DDR2 ram, some 1GB GPU worth 2.5k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD 3650|5600
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2H|4500
RAM |G-skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9S-4gb|1200
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2200
Case |Zebronics Bijli(w/o psu)|1200
GPU |HD 6770|6800
GPU |OR 6670|4800
UPS |Zebronics 600VA|1275

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
serpent16,

you can't use that processor with that motherboard.aaronbrako buy AMD 3650 for 5.6k.

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
That adds up to 21k without the GPU. The budget is strict.
I'll try to post further details of his current rig so you guys can see if he can reuse something.

Speccy link of current pc : *dl.dropbox.com/u/6219370/ARADHYA.speccy
screenshot : *dl.dropbox.com/u/6219370/speccy.PNG

How much of this can be reused ? Can the rest be sold at lamington road ?

aradhya

Right off the assembly line
hey, everyone ! This PC is for myself. I am buying this on sunday so, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to reuse as much of components as possible. I think, I will keep the processor same (If it is possible ? ) Also will my current hard disk and DVD drive work with the new motherboard ?
Thank you.

guru_urug

iGoogle
You can actually skip buying a HDD right now since the prices are sky-high. Also that CPU is a very capable one. Considering your current budget and gaming requirement, I'd suggest you only invest in a case, PSU and GPU.

You can try selling off the old GPU for some cash. Im assuming that the case and current PSU are generic and local brands. Pls mention details about them too

So you have 20k and 3 components. I'd suggest you get this to maximise gaming performance.

CASE: NZXT Gamma/NZXT Source Elite 210 --- 2.5k (Primeabgb)
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W --- 3.5k (Primeabgb)
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI ------13k (Primeabgb or theitwares)

Id been to lamington just yesterday and the prices of the Case and PSU are surely as above. The card will be arnd 13k. Both the stores are in Simlim Square, its a commercial building on Lamington road. Prime on the 1st floor and itwares on 3rd floor.

--EDIT--
I just saw the temperatures in that speccy screenshot. Your CPU is overheating! 95 deg is very close to the thermal envelope threshold. Make sure the heatsink and fan are properly seated

Last edited:
OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
So you have 20k and 3 components. I'd suggest you get this to maximise gaming performance.

CASE: NZXT Gamma/NZXT Source Elite 210 --- 2.5k (Primeabgb)
PSU: Seasonic S12 520W --- 3.5k (Primeabgb)
GPU: MSI GTX 560TI ------13k (Primeabgb or theitwares)

You dont think a new motherboard is needed ? Will the current one not bottleneck the GPU ?

I just saw the temperatures in that speccy screenshot. Your CPU is overheating! 95 deg is very close to the thermal envelope threshold. Make sure the heatsink and fan are properly seated
Oh, will have a look

Since he doesnt need to buy a HDD anymore, his budget is now down to 15k
Also, his motherboard is messed up, he needs a new one.

So...
15k for a mb,GPU,cabinet,RAM,PSU

Top Bottom