CPU Coolers

papa

In search of Peace...
Hi all out there.
Can anybody suggest me a very silent yet powerful cpu cooler for my intel q6600 please?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Noctua NH-D14 @ 4.8k
2 CM LED Fans @ 1k

but which cabinet u have? Does it got space for extra fans? Also compare its breadth with cooler's height acc to manufactures websites. Is it larger?

OP
papa

papa

In search of Peace...
using coolermaster cm690.The cooler with lowest noise will be preferable.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The NHD14 comes with 2 decent fans. But yes, the cabinet dimensions should be measured. That is one big cooler.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Also if using the NHd14, make sure the RAM does not have high heat spreaders. Like dominators.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
You can try my cooler as well, check my signature. The CoolerMaster Gemini II-S is huge but it's a decent performer. I have a Q6600 too :) , long live the quads

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ CoolerMaster Gemini II-S is Midlevel cooler , where else NH-D14 is really pro stuff !!

@ papa

Please List ur Complete Case Components So that I ll Be easy for all to give suggestion !

OP
papa

papa

In search of Peace...
intel q6600,ms ip7ndiamond,coolermaster hyper48,zotac 8800gt,corsair xms2 2gb at 800mhz and coolermaster 690 case.
Initially i too preferred Noctua nhd 14 but keeping in view of the humongous size and weight.....wonder if it would put alot of strain on the motherboard.
Any suggestions forthcoming ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
intel q6600,ms ip7ndiamond,coolermaster hyper48,zotac 8800gt,corsair xms2 2gb at 800mhz and coolermaster 690 case.
Initially i too preferred Noctua nhd 14 but keeping in view of the humongous size and weight.....wonder if it would put alot of strain on the motherboard.
Any suggestions forthcoming ?

If you use the backplate correctly and do not move the cabinet too much, there should not be strain on the board.

pegasus

Journeyman
Noctua U12P SE2 - 3.5K approx ?
Good "silent" cooler for most C2Q/i7 rigs, even with a decent OC- imho. :)
Prolimatech Megahalem for those who want better performance, at the cost of more noise.
D14 is a little inconvenient/cumbersome, especially when used inside a case.

Top Bottom