Cpu coolers for 1155 and 1156 socket ASAp

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Seems blademaster xtraflows are cheaper than ever @ 600/-, looks cool, has LED and better yet is PWM, MD tried to screw us with the Excalibur, damn them.

Yeah...at around 2.5k with Hyper 212+ and the Xtraflow...N620 beating performance? Anyone to test it out?

Sample conversation
Shopper: Do u have item 'x' costing 'y'?

Shopkeeper: No. But take 'z'..badiya hai! Only '2y' price!!!

Buggers! :mad:

tkin

Back to school!!

I think everyone should read this, I do not regret buying the Noctua as shipping stuff to USA can be a hassle, but for those who want to go water, good news for you:

*i.imgur.com/FjavF.jpg

OP
official

official

In the zone
what type of cooling would an oc'ed i7 2600k need moreover its unlocked too...what sort power consumptions does it have at around 4 ghz ?? cpu coolers are never available here at siliguri u know..so may be i'll have to order them from Kol.. and also my i5 is an 1156 and i7 2600k is 1155 i guess so what kind of cooler do u specify for each... my budget remains same for each as he has no more money left after buying CM 690 and i'll have to compensate for that :p...

tkin

Back to school!!
what type of cooling would an oc'ed i7 2600k need moreover its unlocked too...what sort power consumptions does it have at around 4 ghz ?? cpu coolers are never available here at siliguri u know..so may be i'll have to order them from Kol.. and also my i5 is an 1156 and i7 2600k is 1155 i guess so what kind of cooler do u specify for each... my budget remains same for each as he has no more money left after buying CM 690 and i'll have to compensate for that :p...
Well 2600k needs good cooling, my suggestions are:

Under 3k: Get the Cooler master hyper 212+ @ 2k, add another fan @ 600/-
This can push 2600k to 4.4 easily.

Over 3K: If you are using vengeance ram, then Noctua U12P SE2(4k), or corsair H60@ 4.5k(water cooling, may leak)
If you are using low profile kingston or corsair value select ram then buy the Noctua D14(a bit over 5k), the best cooler at this price.

OP
official

official

In the zone
alright bro thanks for the advice...will do so...one more thing will Hyper 212 support both i5 n i7 sockets?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about AM3+? Can I use the AMD backplate of my N620 if I migrate to BD?

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
go for cooler-master N520 or 620 i am using N520 2.9 i3 oced to 3.8 without any problems

^^ agreed, CM N520 is really good

Totally disagree!! Hyper 212+ with a couple of deltas or scythes >>> 520!!

If on budget get 212+, for higher OC get 620. Period! 520 sucks! Another period.

@Mukherjee --> Good evidence!

What about AM3+? Can I use the AMD backplate of my N620 if I migrate to BD?

As per CoolerMaster.in site, N620 shud work with AM3, but nothing about AM3+

Top Bottom