AMD FX 8120

Gigabye 990XA-UD3

2+1 TB Hard Drive

160 gb Intel SSD

12 gb KVR

Nvidia 550ti

Corsair 500W power supply

NZXT Gamma

I'm looking for a CPU cooler and the budget is strictly Rs.2,500. I've heard great things about Hyper 212 EVO and it does come in my budget but I'm not sure if it will fit properly in my cabinet. I tried googling around but couldn't find ensuring answers so here I am. If anyone of you have seen Hyper 212 evo in NZXT gamma then please share else please suggest me some VFM cooler for my budget that would fit my cabinet.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Thanks for the straight answer, problem solved. Just another question is there any better option available for my budget?

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
CM Hyper Evo is the best performer in that range.
Are you looking for something cheaper ?

As I said my budget is Rs.2500 and Evo costs around Rs.2,200 in Delhi so it's definitely a good choice, I was just hoping if there's something better in the price range.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Its the best you can get at Rs 2200. Just get a good thermal paste like CM Thermal Fusion or Arctic Silver 5 or Deepcool Z9

maheshn

Journeyman
@The Incinerator, CM Thermal Fusion/Arctic Silver 5/Ceramique etc are known good stuff, but one may want to stay away from Deepcool Z9 after reading this:

Deep Cool Z3, Z5, and Z9 Review | Skinnee Labs

The same review compared Z5 & Z3, and gives some very interesting results. (P.S. very thorough test done). Please go through.

:)

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
@ritwiksondhi
do tell if hyper evo did fit in the cabinet , I'm also planing for the same purchase.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Its the best you can get at Rs 2200. Just get a good thermal paste like CM Thermal Fusion or Arctic Silver 5 or Deepcool Z9

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going for Evo amd thermal paste mentioned by you.

@ritwiksondhi
do tell if hyper evo did fit in the cabinet , I'm also planing for the same purchase.

I've full faith in The Incinerator's words but I'll post about the cooler as soon as I install it.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
I bought and installed Hyper 212 Evo today, the cooler just fits into NZXT Gamma. Also if you are using RAMs without heatsinks then you can utilise all 4 RAM slots. The performance of cooler is very impressive, earlier my cpu temperature used to reach 90 degrees on full load now it's just 60 degrees maybe something was wrong with my stock cooler but I'm quite satisfied now.

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Surprisingly, at Nehru Place there weren't much options available for thermal paste. Shops there are selling basic CM thermal pastes, the only better grease I'd find was Deepcool Z3 so had to buy that only.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
hey ritwiksondhi, congrats on you purchase.
Can you kindly post some pics of the cooler installed, so that i can see the space it takes. I've Corsair Vengeance ram, and I'm not sure if the cooler will fit with them.
And also, were you able to install side panel fans with evo?

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
^^not even the lower fan?, then how will i configure the case for positive air pressure?

OP
R

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
hey ritwiksondhi, congrats on you purchase.
Can you kindly post some pics of the cooler installed, so that i can see the space it takes. I've Corsair Vengeance ram, and I'm not sure if the cooler will fit with them.
And also, were you able to install side panel fans with evo?

Personally I don't use fan(s) on the side panel but the lower fan should fit without any issue, there's space for it.
I'm posting images for your RAM reference. IMG_0965.jpgIMG_0963.jpgIMG_0964.jpg

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
aah:cry:, i don't think it'll fit.
anyway, thanks.

edit-
what if i fit the fan on the other side of heatsink in pull position?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
that is possible, but dont know about any possible performance impacts..

google and see if you come up with anything useful. if you do, please post the links here :)

Top Bottom