CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

dexterz

Journeyman
^^ I bought the TRUE 120 way back in 2008 when I was new to the concept OCing but got overloaded with work and travel since 2009 and running on stock since then :p
Its proven hard to get Z series motherboards(non Asus) in Chennai esp Biostar/Asrock. I'm expecting call backs from asrock retailers tomorrow so will know if i'm gonna get SB cpu or IVB. going OT, BTW know any place from where I can get higher grit sandpapers to finish lapping? (can't find any in hardware shops in chennai)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Its proven hard to get Z series motherboards(non Asus) in Chennai esp Biostar/Asrock. I'm expecting call backs from asrock retailers tomorrow so will know if i'm gonna get SB cpu or IVB.

BTW know any place from where I can get higher grit sandpapers to finish lapping? (can't find any in hardware shops in chennai)

Get Asus MB, Rashi service is better in Chennai..

Check evening bazaar, plenty of hardware shops..

sabchat

Broken In
Which cooler should I go for in case of a Asus P8Z68 LE baord with i72600k and 16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM? I want it below Rs 2000/-

Vishnupg45

Liverpool fanatic.
is the stock cooler for i5 2500(non-k) ok to use. And will there be tim on the hsf preapplied? Or need to buy seperately?

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
If I don't wanna OC a core i5 2500K then am I good to go with the stock cooling? How high will the temps reach with a R6950 2 gb while playing BF3 at 1080p Ultra? 70*C or higher?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The temperature of an air cooled cpu depends on a lot of other factors apart from the work load. Room temperature, case's air flow system, amount of wiring and case size are some of those factors I can think of now.
I am sure the stock cooler can handle the non OCed core under a wide range of loads at normal room temperature.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
The temperature of an air cooled cpu depends on a lot of other factors apart from the work load. Room temperature, case's air flow system, amount of wiring and case size are some of those factors I can think of now.
I am sure the stock cooler can handle the non OCed core under a wide range of loads at normal room temperature.

Doesn't work with 2600k.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I didnt know the stock cooler for the 2600k was so inadequate for it. *makes a mental note*

@tkin : Love the cpu cooler you have. Costlier, but best in the whole lot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we should rename this thread to : CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy/Ivy Bridge - Ivy Bridge cpus run hotter than SB cpus - so IB cpus need more cooling than SB cpus ;-)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Good idea.
Someone should also update the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/150570-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-thread.html and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/149791-best-cpus-money-india.html threads to include the IB cpu and Z77 mobos

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I didnt know the stock cooler for the 2600k was so inadequate for it. *makes a mental note*

@tkin : Love the cpu cooler you have. Costlier, but best in the whole lot.
Not just the cooler, the NTH1 thermal paste is a beauty too, zero curing time, no spreading needed, and even after an year the conductivity remains solid.

I think we should rename this thread to : CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy/Ivy Bridge - Ivy Bridge cpus run hotter than SB cpus - so IB cpus need more cooling than SB cpus ;-)
Go ahead, the socket is same for both.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Not just the cooler, the NTH1 thermal paste is a beauty too, zero curing time, no spreading needed, and even after an year the conductivity remains solid.

Yes, I heard the paste supplied is good too. Pity the dollar messed up its price in india. The prices went up almost 1k in the last few months.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Done ;-)

BTw, I think you should update the first post with coolers like Cm Hyper 212 Evo, DeepCool frostwin etc. coolers.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Done ;-)

BTw, I think you should update the first post with coolers like Cm Hyper 212 Evo, DeepCool frostwin etc. coolers.
Currently running a bit short on time, if anyone else could do it, just add their names in contributors list.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Ah finally i have stumbled upon the correct thread. My upgraded system spec will look like this:
processor- i5 2500k
Mobo- Asus P8Z77-M
GPU- ASUS ENGTX 560 DirectCU Single Fan
PSU- Corsair GS600
Cabinet- NZXT Gamma
RAm- G Skill 2 x 4Gb 1600MHz CL9
HDD- Seagate barracuda 2 TB(5400 RPM)+ 500 GB(7200 RPM)

Now I am looking for a overclock of 4.2- 4.3 GHz. Will Hyper 212 Evo suffice for that kind of overclock? If not then please suggest one within 3k. Also if i do go for hyper 212 Evo will it fit in my cabinet?:-?

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Ah finally i have stumbled upon the correct thread. My upgraded system spec will look like this:
processor- i5 2500k
Mobo- Asus P8Z77-M
GPU- ASUS ENGTX 560 DirectCU Single Fan
PSU- Corsair GS600
Cabinet- NZXT Gamma
RAm- G Skill 2 x 4Gb 1600MHz CL9
HDD- Seagate barracuda 2 TB(5400 RPM)+ 500 GB(7200 RPM)

Now I am looking for a overclock of 4.2- 4.3 GHz. Will Hyper 212 Evo suffice for that kind of overclock? If not then please suggest one within 3k. Also if i do go for hyper 212 Evo will it fit in my cabinet?:-?
Answer to everything you asked is YES, without a doubt!

Top Bottom