CPU Cooler Guide For Sandy / Ivy Bridge Cpus !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rohit32407 - Evo will fit but you won't be able to use the Side Panel's top left fan - near the cpu area.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
@ rohit32407 - Evo will fit but you won't be able to use the Side Panel's top left fan - near the cpu area.

Will that be a problem? I can either use top panel fan and rear fan and one for intake in front? Also should i go for pull and push config on hyper 212 Evo? If so then which fan should i buy, any suggestions?:-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no. that won't be an issue and for Evo better to go for pull+push config using this fan :

Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
no. that won't be an issue and for Evo better to go for pull+push config using this fan :

Thanks alot i will order this fan with evo itself.:)

Myth

Cyborg Agent

Great fan. Got 2 because I needed them, but then got another one because the rate fell a bit :p

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok guys I am going to finalise the cooler and order it either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on when i get my answer here. I have a budget of 3.5k or max 4k. Can i get anything better than hyper 212 evo within tht budget or will it be best for me to stick with hyper212 evo? I was thinking about buying Noctual Nh d14 but first of all its really expensive and secondly I don't think it will fit in my cabinet.

So can i get anything in 3.5-4k max which is better than Hyper 212 evo or should i stick with that in push-pull config only?

I am sorry for repeating my question but just wanted to know whether i have any better alternatives. I am hoping to overclock it to 4.5GHz Max. Cabinet is NZXT Gamma so suggest a cooler which wont make me run my pc with an open side panel :p

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler ( If you can stretch your budget )

OR

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ( Best budget cooler available) and Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler

PS: Does anyone know what is the model of the stock fan used in the Evo ?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

OR

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ( Best budget cooler available) and Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler

Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz

OR

Noctua]Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler

I might be able to stretch it if i don't need to buy another fan with it. How many fans are included with it? And also will this fit my cabinet? I don't mind if my upper fan on side panel gets blocked but i would like to keep the lower side one as i installed it to cool down my GPU.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

I might be able to stretch it if i don't need to buy another fan with it. How many fans are included with it? And also will this fit my cabinet? I don't mind if my upper fan on side panel gets blocked but i would like to keep the lower side one as i installed it to cool down my GPU.
It will fit.
It comes with 2 fans.
I own it.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com

Thanks tkin.

One front intake + one rear exhaust + the twin fan noctua is sufficient.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally i have the cash to go for a CPU cooler in the range of 4.5k max. Earlier it was suggested that i should go for Noctua NH-12 U12P SE2 but then i cam across this water cooling solution Corsair H60. They both are in same price range AFAIK.

Which one will be the better solution-
1)Noctua NH-12 u12p se2
2)Corsair H60
3)Corsair H80(If its worth the extra 1.5k)

I plan to OC my i5 2500k to 4.5 ghz Max. My config is in my signature(Cabinet is NZXT Gamma). The PC is in an air conditioned room so ambient temperature is generally around 24 degrees.

P.S. I know i have asked too many questions about coolers but i am a complete noob in this area and this will be my first overclock thats why i just want to go for the best in my budget.

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Noctua NH-12 u12p se2 is more than sufficient to take 2500k to 4.5GHz..

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Noctua NH-12 u12p se2 is more than sufficient to take 2500k to 4.5GHz..
Only thing i am worried about is that the 8 pin ATX CPu power cable supplied with seasonic s12ii 620w is really small. It barely reaches the connector on my mobo even when I haven't taken it out the back of the cabinet. I had to connect it directly. I was wondering whether these huge air coolers will obstruct that cable coz there is really no way to manage that cable. It's not possible for me to take it from the back of the cabinet as i have done with other cables.

Is H60 inferior to noctua nh-12 u12p se2? Managing that cable with this sleek water cooling solution would be much easier. But if H60 is not good enough then i will have to look for extension cable. On ebay these extension cables are priced around 1200 RS and these extension cables are not available locally to me.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Only thing i am worried about is that the 8 pin ATX CPu power cable supplied with seasonic s12ii 620w is really small. It barely reaches the connector on my mobo even when I haven't taken it out the back of the cabinet. I had to connect it directly. I was wondering whether these huge air coolers will obstruct that cable coz there is really no way to manage that cable. It's not possible for me to take it from the back of the cabinet as i have done with other cables.

I have the same cabby & don't have any prob. with venomous X installed...

Check here,

*i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/mailmemanju/Venomous%20X/DSCN4788.jpg

Last edited:

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I have the same cabby & don't have any prob. with venomous X installed...

Check here,

*i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/mailmemanju/Venomous%20X/DSCN4788.jpg

not the cabinet, the 8 pin CPU power cable provided with the Seasonic s12ii 620w PSU is just way too short in length. It is not long enough to go through the back of the cabinet. When i have connected it directly it has barely reached my mobo's 8 pin connector.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally i have the cash to go for a CPU cooler in the range of 4.5k max. Earlier it was suggested that i should go for Noctua NH-12 U12P SE2 but then i cam across this water cooling solution Corsair H60. They both are in same price range AFAIK.

Which one will be the better solution-
1)Noctua NH-12 u12p se2
2)Corsair H60
3)Corsair H80(If its worth the extra 1.5k)

I plan to OC my i5 2500k to 4.5 ghz Max. My config is in my signature(Cabinet is NZXT Gamma). The PC is in an air conditioned room so ambient temperature is generally around 24 degrees.

P.S. I know i have asked too many questions about coolers but i am a complete noob in this area and this will be my first overclock thats why i just want to go for the best in my budget.

this should help :

noctua NH-u12P SE2 vs corsair H80