GA-H97-D3H
2x8GB DDR3 1866Mhz Kingston HyperX
BCM94630 PCIx1 Card for Wifi/Bluetooth
Antec VP 650M PSU
Antec GX900 Cabinet
1x240GB Chiprex SSD
2x1TB WD Blue
Stock Intel CPU Cooler

Now I need to buy a CPU cooler for the above RIG. the max budget is 4k. Actually I have 10 exactly same RIGs in my office. So I cant extend the budget at all. The CPU goes to 75-80 range when under load. And they are under load for most of the time. We use them to develop Android, iOS Applications. Idle temperatures are 39-40

Edit: Forgot to mention about Cabinet Fans
Every cabinet has 6 Circle 90CFM fans (Amazon.in: Buy Circle Stay Cool CG-12 120MM Green LED Case Cabinet Fan Online at Low Prices in India | Circle Reviews & Rating)

2 Front Intake, 1Bottom Intake
2 Top Exhaust, 1 Rear Exhaust
All fans are directly connected to PSU to run at full speed.

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Is hyper 212 X best performer under 4k. I am not looking for best performance to price ratio. I am just looking towards best performer at 4k.

Wish there was a proper website to compare CPU coolers. Just like there are for CPUs ;)

Cant really change soon once I buy them, so need to make best decision.

Hrishi

Hyper 212x is your best bet under 3k and should be enough!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Just ordered 1 Hyper 212X at primeabgb at 2799. Got shipping free :)

Gonna test it for 2-3 days. If it brings temp to 65-70 under load then I'll upgrade all or I'll have to look for another one.

Lets hope for the best. If this cooler works fine, I'll be saving 12,000 & thats a RX 460 for my home PC ;)

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Got the cooler yesterday. Installed it today and did the CPU stress test using
yes > /dev/null
The temps went to stabilize at 63-64
The Motherboard temp stayed at 28
Room temp maintained at 22C

Feels like this is really good for its price range.

I just went on with my experiment. Had a Deepcool Neptwin running on my old FX 8120.
I installed that on my i7 4790 system and man thats way cooler. I ran the stress test for 15 mins and temp never reached 50.
Even though Neptwin gives much better performance in under 4k but I went on to order 9 more 212X. Neptwin feels too big and covers 2 of my RAM slots. Even though RAM fit but I cant remove them without removing the fan. Also the 212X is much much quiter

Thanks a lot guys.

Top Bottom