CPU Cooler and GPU (GTX1060)

Hrishi

Hi folks,

I am selling my GTX960 to upgrade to something twice the Performance of GTX960. Intention is to play most games at 1080p Ultra.
I have decided to go for GTX1060 6GB, but not sure which brand. Zotac Amp edition seems the best of all.
Also considering sapphire RX470, but it seems a bit low on VRAM and is 25% slower on avg than 1060. The price I am getting for 470 is around 17k and for 1060 zotac amp is 24k online.
I usually don't play much but just want to ensure that games coming up in next an year or so should easily be playable at ultra 1080p.

Now moving onto CPU cooler part, well my CPU is pretty low end Haswell I5-4440. While it's pretty sufficient for 1080p gaming, and doesn't gets stressed much for high load (65-75c at peak).
However, I run some virtualization and emulators on PC which uses 80-100% CPU the whole time, so it stays at 65-75c for a long time.
I am not obsessed with low temps, coming from IVB i7-3610qm which still goes around 90c at load. But since there are options available to keep it cool, unlike the laptop so I thought to ditch the stock intel cpu cooler and get something powerful.
I can spend upto 3.5k for the cooler and looking at something flashy too :).
I might buy i7-4790k sometime later, so considering that in mind will invest in the cooler.
HyperX212 is good but for 3.5k I see better options from Deepcool, twin tower designs. The problem is my memory's heatsink is on the bigger side and that I currently use corsair Vengeance in 4x3 config....however I am soon to add another 4gb module to make it 4*4. Will a dual tower air cooler cause issues? My cabinet is Antec GX900 and it should easily fit but the ram heatsink profile is a cause of concern which pushes me to look towards cooler master sideon 120v and corsair h55/60.

Looking for opinions on purchase.

Rishi

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Check out MSI Gaming X GTX 1060. The factory overclocks are higher on that, then followed by Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!. Hyper 212X is adequate.

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

By any chance the non reference models of RX480 8GB will hit Indian markets at less than 25k?
Thing is, most modern games are easily playable with RX480 at 1080p ultra. And that upcoming games will have dx12 and vulkan api support so the rx480 will obviously perform better. So unless I am planning to play older or current games at more than 1080p and 60hz screen then only a gtx1060 makes sense at same or less price than a 480.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

ssb1551

Technomancer
You will get RX 480 for less than 25k at primeabgb
Buy Online | HIS RX 480 IceQ X² Roaring OC 8GB Graphic Card HS-480R8DCBR | Price in Indi

OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

You will get RX 480 for less than 25k at primeabgb
Buy Online | HIS RX 480 IceQ X² Roaring OC 8GB Graphic Card HS-480R8DCBR | Price in Indi

Thanks, I did check Primeagb and ordered one from there but it wasn't the RX480, instead GTX 1060 ( Gainward GTX 1060 for 22.6k INR ).
I didn't buy the HIS one due to such a fugly design. I have second thoughts on Gainward now though, due to RMA concerns.

How's primeagb in shipping ? I ordered mine today.

Also for the CPU cooler, I purchased Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus for 4.9k - had a very tough time installing it on my MSI H97 PC Mate and Antec GX900 cabinet, but after installation the idle temp is 30-35c and load temps are well under 55-60c.
Ran prime95 for 15mins and it's hitting 57c at max.

ssb1551

Technomancer
PrimeABGB uses FedEx for shipping so its great if you have already paid for the product. I had a bad experience with FedEx for a COD package. FedEx is fast.

Top Bottom