Cost of running a pc for 20 hours

pacificb0y

Broken In
hey people i have a gtx 550 ti with asus motherboard and a 19 inch monitor with a 600 watt iball sprinter smps i casually run my computer for 10 hours sometimes 20 which includes 10 hours of downloading at night ,i wonder how much i am paying to run my computer for 20 hours on a daily basis ..here electricity price is above 5 rs per unit

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Depends on psu consumption differs

Say a psu of 500 watt with 80 percent efficiency will consume 20 percentage more even for 400 watt usage goes 80 extra.

I had heard kw consumption will 1 unit.
Do the math

Naxal

Little Kid
idle running wont consumption much electricity where as when gaming, that will indeed eat a lot of electricity :p

clmlbx

Technomancer
you are running Iball smps.. Please read this Thread for your own good..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't worry.if you keep running 550Ti with iball sprinter soon you will have no pc to run & thus no electricity consumption to worry about.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Firstly and most importantly, running GTX550ti with '600 watt iball sprinter smps' is not a good idea.

OP
pacificb0y

pacificb0y

Broken In
you are running Iball smps.. Please read this Thread for your own good..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

no its a High Efficiency 600W Power Supply
not the cheap ones i bought for about 3000 inr and it has a 3 year warranty plus it is CE,UL,TUV,CB,FCC certified
i was actually interested to buy cosrair or cooler master but the shopkeeper who assembled my new pc bought me iball sprinter psu
i am not worried though its not the cheap one and it is certified

OP
pacificb0y

pacificb0y

Broken In
Capture.PNG
don't worry.if you keep running 550Ti with iball sprinter soon you will have no pc to run & thus no electricity consumption to worry about.

i am not a big fan of iball personally i would have preferd cooler master,antec or cosrair but the guy who assemblewd my pc has bought the iball psu at first i was worried as i was pretty sure that this psu will not gonna last for long run but later when i saw it is certified and has High efficiency i took a deeeeep sigh i dont think it gonna do any harm to my pc as it is certified

clmlbx

Technomancer
no its a High Efficiency 600W Power Supply
not the cheap ones i bought for about 3000 inr and it has a 3 year warranty plus it is CE,UL,TUV,CB,FCC certified
i was actually interested to buy cosrair or cooler master but the shopkeeper who assembled my new pc bought me iball sprinter psu
i am not worried though its not the cheap one and it is certified

you spent 3K and went for iball.. IMO sell it as it is new and in warranty so you can get good price then buy Corsair..no cooler master(only real series is good) or antec.. they are not good either

OP
pacificb0y

pacificb0y

Broken In
you spent 3K and went for iball.. IMO sell it as it is new and in warranty so you can get good price then buy Corsair..no cooler master(only real series is good) or antec.. they are not good either

ya it costs about 3k and the dealer said its not like the cheap 500 or 700 one it is certified and has a 3 year warranty later i saw it is certified by CE,UL,TUV,CB,FCC certified same like the Corsair though some how i will try to sell it ,if i get any noob to purchase this lol

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL.these certifications are for safety essentially meaning the psu won't catch fire.it doesn't mean it is a good psu.it simply means whenever it goes bad it will do so silently unlike the ultra cheap psu's who usually go out with a bang.as for Rs.3000 i don't know what knowledge you have about psu quality but a good 600W psu from the likes of seasonic costs ~5000 & is 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified(only psu certification which matters).if you want 80+ silver or gold certification it is even more costlier.

P.S.would you believe a shopkeeper telling you that micromax/lava/..... phone is as good as iphone 4?there is a reason these phone costs a fraction of iphone cost.if you want quality you have to spend money.

OP
pacificb0y

pacificb0y

Broken In
LOL.these certifications are for safety essentially meaning the psu won't catch fire.it doesn't mean it is a good psu.it simply means whenever it goes bad it will do so silently unlike the ultra cheap psu's who usually go out with a bang.as for Rs.3000 i don't know what knowledge you have about psu quality but a good 600W psu from the likes of seasonic costs ~5000 & is 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified(only psu certification which matters).if you want 80+ silver or gold certification it is even more costlier.

P.S.would you believe a shopkeeper telling you that micromax/lava/..... phone is as good as iphone 4?there is a reason these phone costs a fraction of iphone cost.if you want quality you have to spend money.

indeed if you want quality you have to spent money and in my case i spent 3000 on a iball smps lol >>>>>>>>and 3000k is enough to buy a good quality psu in my case i went with the shopkeeper and bought a psu which i really dont know how long it will run exactly lol i should have denied him at first

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^What is the value in Amp. for the 12V(Single/Double) rails of your I-Ball Sprinter 600W UPS?

Top Bottom