corsair vs450 watt smps

aman gandhi

Broken In
Capture.jpg
is this smps good

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ For those who don't undersdtand the importance of amp in 12V rail, it is actually a 264watt PSU according to current standards.
It is ~440Watt PSU according to older standards if one add up the current on 12V, 5V, 3.3V.

doomgiver

Warframe
if its just 22 amps on the rail, then, idk, it might not run it.

check how much amps the card needs (my vx450 does 33amps on rail, and it couldnt run a gtx260, which needed 35 amps)

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
^^ For those who don't undersdtand the importance of amp in 12V rail, it is actually a 264watt PSU according to current standards.
It is ~440Watt PSU according to older standards if one add up the current on 12V, 5V, 3.3V.

can you please focus a bit on cx430 v2..i'm willing to buy it.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
ok buddy came to know that 4870 requires 2 6 pin power(pcie) supply connectors which i guess cx430 v2 have only one of them.so you may have to use a peripheral connector with 6 pin converter.about the power i guess it should suffice the needs of 4870 but won't assure you about OVERCLOCK.it may handle it or it may not.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Yeah - the vs450 has just 22 amps on the 12V giving it a max manageable load rating of 264W.
On the other hand, the CX430 V2 has 28amps on the 12V giving it a max manageable load rating of 336W.

Better to go for the cx430 V2.
You'll need to use an adapter for the second 6-pin power connector.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
no, its not.
i use a plugin for opera, that lets me drag a box over links and open them at once.... your username is the CCCCOMBO-BREAKER!!!! - Imgur that gets in the middle.

:fc_bat:

vkl

Cyborg Agent

Not correct.Even though in most of the new PSUs the total rated wattage can be delivered by the +12V rail mostly because most modern PSUs use
DC-DC converters to generate minor rails,PSU wattage is total maximum wattage that can be delivered to the load at a time through different rails.
+12V rail is the most important one as the major power hungry components,processor and graphics card draw power from it along with other components and motherboard.
Each of the rails share components i.e. even though each individual rail has its own maximum current output,this maximum output can only be attained if when
no power is being pulled from other rails.Generally 5V rail and 3.3V rail share components and generally in 12V output side the split 12Vrails viz. 12V1,12V2,...share components.

*i.imgur.com/ViNkT.png?1

*i.imgur.com/zAUF3.gif?1

5V rail provides power to USB,PCI headers and most importantly all the storage devices like HDDs.
Suppose there are more number of PCI cards and hard disk drives,then the load on 5V rail will be more and if the 5V rail is overloaded then
12V rail would provide power to hard disks by converting to 5V rail with use of a converter.

if its just 22 amps on the rail, then, idk, it might not run it.

check how much amps the card needs (my vx450 does 33amps on rail, and it couldnt run a gtx260, which needed 35 amps)
Generally amperage required by graphic cards is a recommendation,not an actual requirement always.
VX450 can power a gtx260 even with a fx8150.No problem with that PSU.Total output on 12V rail is mostly required by CPU and GPU.
Let's say gtx260 takes 185Watts and power drawn from 12V output by the rest of your system be 150watts.Total=335Watts .
Required amperage on 12V output=335/12 ~28A.This is without taking efficiency,leakage and other factors into account,still it serves as a good reference.Maximum load that 12V rail can take is 33*12=396Watts.

then what about ati radeon hd 6790
well i have attach the image you can see it and please tell
As far as VS450 is concerned the manufacturer has rated it's maximum 12Vrail output as 360Watts.Information about VS450 is not as clear as some other
PSUs like CX430v2.Check this thread Corsair VS450 Power Supply-Corsair forums.
It might be that each 12V output shown in the picture have there respective maximum output as shown and maximum output on a 12V net could be 360Watts i.e.30amperes.

doomgiver

Warframe
Generally amperage required by graphic cards is a recommendation,not an actual requirement always.
VX450 can power a gtx260 even with a fx8150.No problem with that PSU.Total output on 12V rail is mostly required by CPU and GPU.
Let's say gtx260 takes 185Watts and power drawn from 12V output by the rest of your system be 150watts.Total=335Watts .
Required amperage on 12V output=335/12 ~28A.This is without taking efficiency,leakage and other factors into account,still it serves as a good reference.Maximum load that 12V rail can take is 33*12=396Watts.
weird, it didnt run mine :(

██████████████████
████████████████████

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hey, vkl,

Not correct.Even though in most of the new PSUs the total rated wattage can be delivered by the +12V rail mostly because most modern PSUs use
DC-DC converters to generate minor rails,PSU wattage is total maximum wattage that can be delivered to the load at a time through different rails.
+12V rail is the most important one as the major power hungry components,processor and graphics card draw power from it along with other components and motherboard.
Each of the rails share components i.e. even though each individual rail has its own maximum current output,this maximum output can only be attained if when
no power is being pulled from other rails.Generally 5V rail and 3.3V rail share components and generally in 12V output side the split 12Vrails viz. 12V1,12V2,...share components.

*i.imgur.com/ViNkT.png?1

*i.imgur.com/zAUF3.gif?1

5V rail provides power to USB,PCI headers and most importantly all the storage devices like HDDs.
Suppose there are more number of PCI cards and hard disk drives,then the load on 5V rail will be more and if the 5V rail is overloaded then
12V rail would provide power to hard disks by converting to 5V rail with use of a converter.

As far as VS450 is concerned the manufacturer has rated it's maximum 12Vrail output as 360Watts.Information about VS450 is not as clear as some other
PSUs like CX430v2.Check this thread Corsair VS450 Power Supply-Corsair forums.
It might be that each 12V output shown in the picture have there respective maximum output as shown and maximum output on a 12V net could be 360Watts i.e.30amperes.

Thanks for such a detailed reply.
The problem with VS450 being underestimated is due to the fact that it's more of an Asia specific PSU, and since, it's not readily available for the countries much more into testing hardware, here, we don't have any good reviews/feedback for this.

Top Bottom