Corsair Vs Kingston Vs Transcend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
Ch@0s said:
Transcend used D9 chips for a while... now it uses lame PSC :(. That ram getting stuck at 455FSB is a sure shot indication of D9. It was a well known Gigabyte DS3 bug which was fixed later with bios updates.

Before Micron got all weird and backed off, a lot of manufacturers, used Micron in the beginning, for the same reason was very specific to say "at the moment".

Ch@0s

In the zone
Kniwor said:
Before Micron got all weird and backed off, a lot of manufacturers, used Micron in the beginning, for the same reason was very specific to say "at the moment".

LOL nothing wierd happened to micron... just that the D9 ICs became way too expensive to be put in value ram and even low end performance ram. As of now, D9 mostly exists on exotic DDR1000 and higher rams.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thats sad to know, so this means we will have trouble upgrading our rams in future as they will not be compatible with the present D9 chips.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Buy cellshock... its one of the only brands thats guaranteed D9. 1000C4 is guaranteed D9GKX. 1000C5 can be either D9GKX or D9GMH. 800C4 is D9GMH. Expensive but totally worth it. There's also a 800C4 part based on promos but its in a completely different packaging with standard looking heatspreaders.

Kniwor

Learner
ranjan2001 said:
Thats sad to know, so this means we will have trouble upgrading our rams in future as they will not be compatible with the present D9 chips.

Almost all crucial will be D9, The company is a Micron kid.

Plus you can always look for ram that is a D9 Micron, it's just that they are bit costlier, G.Skill, Buffalo are giving out D9 based sticks.
But I'm really beginning to like Elpida, there is some really great Elpida RAM out there

Ch@0s said:
LOL nothing wierd happened to micron... just that the D9 ICs became way too expensive to be put in value ram and even low end performance ram. As of now, D9 mostly exists on exotic DDR1000 and higher rams.
That's what I was referring to weird, first they discontinued the fatbody saying it was not viable, and D9's were costlier....

Also D9 does exist in DDR2-800 etc... here's a few 800Mhz RAM that's assured Micron.

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820150054

Oh!, BTW guys, just for the fun of it, Hynix is a bigger manufacturer of chips than Micron,Elpida or ProMOS, and only worlds second largest.

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hynix has no dout produced good mainstream chips, but would not consider them top-class, Chips are actually more important than manufacturers, but implementation cannot be ignored, Kingston used Infineon chips in their enthusiast Kingston HyperX KHX7200D2K2/1G, and did decently.

No doubt the Micron D fat body chips are the best and rocking material, but recently Elpida chips have shown great potential, and it's being used in a lot of high performing memory, OCZ platinum series, Kingston HyperX etc... and these chips rock too, and are cheaper. Promos it at the moment a sort of mainstream chip used by a lot of manufacturers, and many make their own chips. So u just cant look at a manufacturer and say what is better.

But for now, I know that at the moment transcend is not giving out any great product, for some reason, I have recently begun to dislike them. I'd much rather prefer corsair value products.

God I miss it that Geil/buffalo/G.skill don't sell here, If u will not believe, Geil has a product in market just few bucks higher than the transcend ram, that clock 1000Mhz at really good timings, Geil Ultra(not Micron D9, it's Elpida I guess, not sure).

In all, Corsair/Kingston is good, but Kingston is not so good on the Price front.

Hynix has no dout produced good mainstream chips, but would not consider them top-class -----> I never said that re...;)

No doubt the Micron D fat body chips are the best and rocking material, but recently Elpida chips have shown great potential, and it's being used in a lot of high performing memory, OCZ platinum series, Kingston HyperX etc... and these chips rock too, and are cheaper. Promos it at the moment a sort of mainstream chip used by a lot of manufacturers, and many make their own chips. So u just cant look at a manufacturer and say what is better.----> Micron Fattys are history since a long time dude ! And Elpida though good, it is good only upto 1000 not above that.Anything above 1000 and at tight timings,it has to be D9GMH or D9GKX and now Promos :) But even Promos cant boast the tight timings that Microns pull off ;)

Absolutely right and BTW Transcend JetRam also uses same D9 Micron chips which most of you would not be knowing. I was using corsiar 667 initially but when I got this new set up bought 800 Mhz Transcend Jet RAM, which is an absolute stunner of an OCing RAM given the price as well. I, ranjan and even ch@0s can vouch for that.

Corsair is good no doubt but Transcend can beat Corsiar by a fair margin given the Price, Performance ratio.
Dude only a particular Model no. of Transcend Jetram DDR2 667 had those and those were very very rare.Also its NOT guranteed that Transcend 667 will have Microns.Transcend is cheap and Micron chips are no way cheap !

No it does not have the heat spresders. Model is JM367Q643A-8. Its 512x2 module and I am running it at 5-5-5-15. Its flawlessly working OCed at 944 Mhz. I will push it further when I get my cooling solution.-----> Those arent Microns if youa re saying so.And If you are saying those are Microns, ssshhhhhhh ! then 944 MHz is INSULT for Micron :D
BTW Transcend with this model no. ONLY had Microns -PC2 5300 TS64MLQ64V6J
None other than this had Micron.

^^Buy cellshock... its one of the only brands thats guaranteed D9. 1000C4 is guaranteed D9GKX. 1000C5 can be either D9GKX or D9GMH. 800C4 is D9GMH. Expensive but totally worth it. There's also a 800C4 part based on promos but its in a completely different packaging with standard looking heatspreaders.-----> 1000 C4 and C5 both get GKX now Dada :D BTW since when did V2 get Promos,they were Elpidas na ?

Plus you can always look for ram that is a D9 Micron, it's just that they are bit costlier, G.Skill, Buffalo are giving out D9 based sticks.
But I'm really beginning to like Elpida, there is some really great Elpida RAM out there-----> You might want to reconsider that statement,Elpida is good no doubt but Micron still rocks for high speeds+tight timings at juicy volts.Elpida IMHO can never show 1100 @ 4-3-3-12,can it :D Ok now that was useless showoff :D

Oh!, BTW guys, just for the fun of it, Hynix is a bigger manufacturer of chips than Micron,Elpida or ProMOS, and only worlds second largest.----> Thats a well known fact ;)
And btw the Buffalo Firestix from Newegg ONLY are guranteed D9,if purchased from some other stores,there is a POSSIBILITY of Elpida under it.Their 1000 part is D9GKX for sure :D but they use crappy PCB and hence cant clock well :(

monkey

Padawan
It will be Corsair for pure performance, Kingston for fair performance and slightly fair price and Trancend for budget users.

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Damn it, i see Corsair XMS2 800 MHZ selling for 130$ in US today :D In India we wont be getting 1GB 800mhz Corsair at that price :(

As far as I am aware yantraonline.in can get you some idea on Corsair pricing and theitdepot.com and deltapage.com can give price indication fro Kingston and Transcend prices.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Darky
1 request , u r double quoting in ur post kindly edit to make it short & keep it to the point.

It saves bandwidth to so many dial up users.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
ranjan2001 said:
Darky
1 request , u r double quoting in ur post kindly edit to make it short & keep it to the point.

It saves bandwidth to so many dial up users.

Heh ? I didnt get you,i reply to individual part of a sentence.

To the point ? Care to point out which part is not to the point :( I am just trying to put plain simple facts and truth forward ;)

Kniwor

Learner
Did I ever say Elpida was better than Micron D9's, NO WAY!!
But they are so cheap!!! and hit 1000. That's what I was complementing it for, If it was not for low cost chips, we'd still not be able to afford 2x1Gb DDR2-800 and above. and now what??? DDR2-800 is selling for 150$.

Now look at the current scenario and u will realize that why is their chips kinda good, because c2d is the talk of the day, and there is a slight drop in performance if we are not using 1:1 on the platform, say If we are running FSB 266, benchmarks show that 533Mhz is better than deviating from 1:1 and using 667 (xbitlabs), but 800Mhz will give higher performance, but now look at the overclockers, they will typically run FSB 450-500, and with ram at 1:1 it's like 900-1000Mhz, where Elpida gives good timings, and is cheap. There is actually no point in using divider to run ram at 1100Mhz, because there will be hardly any performance gain, if any, and the extra premium cost of Microns suddenly does not seem all that good, and hence my comment.

darklord said:
And btw the Buffalo Firestix from Newegg ONLY are guranteed D9,if purchased from some other stores,there is a POSSIBILITY of Elpida under it.Their 1000 part is D9GKX for sure :D but they use crappy PCB and hence cant clock well :(
That was something I really did not know, thanks there buddy. :wink:

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
Did I ever say Elpida was better than Micron D9's, NO WAY!!
But they are so cheap!!! and hit 1000. That's what I was complementing it for, If it was not for low cost chips, we'd still not be able to afford 2x1Gb DDR2-800 and above. and now what??? DDR2-800 is selling for 150$.

That was something I really did not know, thanks there buddy. :wink:

Most of the Performance yet cheapo DDR2 800 kits have Promos and not Elpida :)
Some 1000 parts that are cheap use Elpida,Geil has a kit like that :)

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
Most of the Performance yet cheapo DDR2 800 kits have Promos and not Elpida :)
Some 1000 parts that are cheap use Elpida,Geil has a kit like that :)
I said the same, what are u quoting me for????

I said OCZ/Kingston enthusiast line uses Elpida.... their Platinum/HyperX series

Kniwor

Learner
Hey, BTW thanks again for that Buffalo Firestix thing, coz I just got 1 for friend, and was going to get 1 for myself, sourced it from somewhere, but now I will watch out, what a perfect time for u to let me know this....

(BTW where'd u see Elpida based Firestx man???)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
Hey, BTW thanks again for that Buffalo Firestix thing, coz I just got 1 for friend, and was going to get 1 for myself, sourced it from somewhere, but now I will watch out, what a perfect time for u to let me know this....

(BTW where'd u see Elpida based Firestx man???)
Some guy on XS was reporting.Anyways since their PCB is crap....why buy it,IMHO Crucial Ballistix is THE thing to get,look how cheap it has gone.

DDR2 1000 Ballistix kit for 189$ after MIR !!!!

That kit does 1100 4-3-3-12 :D

and will hit 1200 easily.....;)

Kniwor

Learner
yeah, but I dont really want to pay extra for that, I will be running my ram 1:1, and prolly 1000Mhz will be enough for me, I was just looking at getting good timings, 4-4-4-12@1000 kinda....

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
yeah, but I dont really want to pay extra for that, I will be running my ram 1:1, and prolly 1000Mhz will be enough for me, I was just looking at getting good timings, 4-4-4-12@1000 kinda....

Hmmm 1000 @ 4-4-4-12 ....Micron is good choice with GMH n GKX.GMH is better though cos it handles volts well and 4-4-4-12 will need some volts for sure ;)

I say get Crucial,you wont regret it 189$ is a steal

Kniwor

Learner
rebate is a problem for me....but it's still a good deal, I was thinking about it before actually.
but Geil Ultra is like $140 and does 1000, but only god knows what chip it is, so I was kinda confused and didn't wanna get them.

here's what I can get though, a sure D9 + G.Skill's international warranty

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Why not these ?
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231114

They are HIGH bin Promos and clock insanely !

Or this

Legendary but newer ones have seen D9GCT but mostly GMH only ;)

Kniwor

Learner
hmmm.... I can get those, good choice, but then OCZ Platinum Rev 2 is $159, and clock very well too.
(it's $135 after rebate If i manage to get it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom