Corsair Announces New Enthusiast Series Modular PSUs

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another review, if anyone's still interested: ;)

Corsair TX750M Power Supply Review - Introduction

Hope reviews of other models will be online soon, these look good.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ These would look better if the modular cable design were for all the cables, not only for some cables.
Just my 2 cents. ;)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still not bad IMO. Ultimately you are going to use at least some connectors, so whether the are modular or not doesn't matter. If these units are priced right, they should bring down the prices of the CX, GS and TX models. That's more important IMO.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If these units are priced right, they should bring down the prices of the CX, GS and TX models. That's more important IMO.

To be very honest, I'm expecting the same. Specially price drop in GS series. If the price of GS series drops considerably, then with GS800 added to high end rig, one can have some amount of extra money to buy other more expensive components. :p

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. And price drop in the CX range means, you can at least add a quality PSU to your rig at a cheaper price.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Well, if you think more carefully then you will find that LED fan in GS PSU counts for nothing. Nowadays in the cabinets where psu slot is at the bottom, we can't even see the LED fans in the PSU in normal cases. The only way to see them is to fit the PSU in reverse direction which will make a mess in cable management. Right? So, where is the advantages of LED? :unsure:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Well, if you think more carefully then you will find that LED fan in GS PSU counts for nothing. Nowadays in the cabinets where psu slot is at the bottom, we can't even see the LED fans in the PSU in normal cases. The only way to see them is to fit the PSU in reverse direction which will make a mess in cable management. Right? So, where is the advantages of LED? :unsure:

I do like LED fan in a PSU - i you can go behind your computer case it really looks nice from behind - personal choice ;-)

BTW, will corsair stop manufacturing VX550 or we will see a price drop ?? the price of TX550M and VX550 is almost same and TX550M is better and will create less mess inside of the cabby ;-)

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess is it will be like this:

CX V2 -> GS -> TXM -> TX V2 -> HX -> AX

May be some modification in the GS range, who knows. ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm saying again, either wait for corsair to stop production of GS series or GS-M is coming in our way. :cool:

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Review of the 550W unit:-

Corsair TX550M Modular Power Supply Review :: TweakTown USA Edition

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Excellent psu. Must buy at that price and even comes with 5 years of warranty.

The modular design is like an icing on the cake. When its coming to india?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
The new Corsair TXM series are semi-modular PSUs, the price is set just about right. Seasonic's S12II 520 80+ Bronze costs round about 3.55k. If cabling is not an issue, then its a killer deal.

Edit: Although Seasonic's X Series is priced a bit higher here at India, but still check out X650 Gold, its a 80+ Gold rated, fully modular costing just $20 more at Newegg.

Last edited:
OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic PSUs are superb value, not to mention top notch performer. But availability is an issue.

JohnnyGuru gives the 550M a thumbs up:-

Corsair TX550M 550W Review

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TX650M priced at $109.99 on newegg which is roughly the same price of TX650v2 in here and if we can get the TX650M at the same price of TX650v2 in here it would be really a great deal ;-)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Be advised: Certain brands/series will ditch getting 80Plus sticker on it to lower the cost. They would prefer to get them tested by other (proper) reviewers and let the results will speak for itself.

Top Bottom