corsair 450 vx, need prompt reply

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
1)what is the power cord of this PSU look like(india or american)(googling does not help out)
2)will it work with APC 650V UPS
3)Is a Belkin spike buster required for this

i am going to fit this in Asus M4A78-TE mobo

i amgoingto be the proud owner of this tomorrow morning.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the power cord is american type and if the UPS has Indian type power sockets just use your old PSu cord or buy a 3 pin monitor power cord for as low as Rs. 20.

doomgiver

Warframe
congrats, im using the same smps too, very good performance (i too used my old psu cable, in fact, i have a few lying around, want one? )

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The pow cord supplied with VX450 is best quality one...
I suggest using a converter like this...

*d3f0jbia68uwkd.cloudfront.net/61/20090727/A0365000AH/Australia-AC-Power-Plug-295944-small.jpg

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i am not able to see the picture i have attached, not even after clicking on it. It's showing a cross but the picture given by megamind is clearly visible.what is the problem?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which browser are you using? Either your ad-blocking extension or your security suite is blocking it.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Must be KIS then. Can you post a screenshot of the same?

i am in office now, so i will post it later. Btw what to post is not clear to me. Again if Megamind's picture can be seen by me then why my picture is not visible? Also i am able to see many pictures in other threads in TDF.

Confirm please.
Apart from 20+4 pin, Corsair 450 vx is having two cpu power connectors: one 8 pin and another 4pin.

My board is Asus m4a78t-e which has 4pin Atx12v. So the 4pin of CA will go to 4 pin of Asus mobo. is that a correct diagnose?

What is the use of 8pin then?

i am asking this because this time i will do the job in my own hand and i know you are there to help me. thanks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only one 8pin CPU power connector is there which can be split into 2. So if your mobo takes 4pin insert one part, that's it. :)

Check the tech specs here:-

*www.corsair.com/power-supplies/non-modular-psus/enthusiast-series-1/vx450w.html

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Correct. The 8 PIN is the EPS 12V connector. It can be split to give the 12V direct to the socket next to the motherboard.

From where you found a 4 PIN connector on that supply.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably some old reviews. I was looking at the johnnyguru, techpowerup reviews during 2007 and it was mentioned like that.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Correct. The 8 PIN is the EPS 12V connector. It can be split to give the 12V direct to the socket next to the motherboard.

From where you found a 4 PIN connector on that supply.

This picture is displayed in NEWEGG site. it seems that there are two separate cords as the level suggests. you can judge better.

again i am not able to see the pic from my office also. is there any problem in my TDF id itself.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You office is blocking images.

That image is incorrect for the VX450. It would have the 8 PIN. Yours has 2x EPS12 wires..?

Top Bottom