Corsair 1600 MHZ RAM on Intel DH61WW

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ the heat shouldnt be a worry and there is still a gap and air is still a bad conductor of heat :p but anyhow whatever rocks ur boat ":)

half in height i guess?Those conform to VLP or Very Low Profile specs.Heres one from transcend:
DDR3 LONG-DIMM VLP - Welcome to the Transcend Info Website

The point is if ur getting a better product at low cost it need not be the worst..these assemblers take advantage of the fact that most users are quite naive when it comes to components...there is ahuge industry of refurbishing/repairing rams and repacking the same under dubious companies...and for a long time these assemblers used to pass on the same to end users.And they were only a couple of bucks cheaper than a standar transcend or even a hynix for hat matter.

Nevertheless, the crux is if u gonna keep one stick, keep the corsair simply bcoz it offers more warranty.You shall have no issues in the long run.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your assembler s at-least right about one thing : zion ram is not good as once they used to be - I still have 2x 512MB Zion DDR ram modules - but ever since they steeped into DDR3 memory business their quality came down.

Naxal

Little Kid
In Kolkata, ZION RAMs are like next to god in every local computer store (apart from those big guns in Chadni), anything which is not ZION is not a RAM at all. Dont know why these shop owners worship ZION products unlike anything else they sell.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
may be for a fatter margin and Zion ram modules are not cheap.

@ TechnoHolic - Hynix chip based rams are good ( and Hynix has some it's own branded ram modules though they are rare ) but it's better to stick with reputed brands as on cheap ram modules you may find fake ram chips.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
may be for a fatter margin and Zion ram modules are not cheap.

@ TechnoHolic - Hynix chip based rams are good ( and Hynix has some it's own branded ram modules though they are rare ) but it's better to stick with reputed brands as on cheap ram modules you may find fake ram chips.

@Topgear- corsair use their own chip or they use chips from hynix or any other brand...?
and do you know how much Kingston Hyperx series 4gb or 8gb RAM's costs...saw some good reviews about this RAM by #sumanpathok..Didn't find these products on FK or other sites...are they available in chadni...have any idea..:|

^^ OT: i like how the asemblers take the name of the holy ram---- JEEOON :)

:-D:mrgreen:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's no Corsair memory chip AFAIK but they uses chips from Samsung, Qimonda, PowerChip, Elpida, Micron etc.

for Kingston hyperx Blue try this ;-)
Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G): Flipkart.com

Rahul9804

New to this forum
I also have a same question. whether this corsair ram 4 gb ddr3 will support with my 2gb ddr3 zion ram at 1333 mhz? I'm having same mobo dh61ww.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to TDF. As for the question :

both ram modules should run with each other without any issue though it's not a very recommended method as incompatibility could also happen.

BTW, don't revoke such old thread. Instead create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom