Corrupted Sound Device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicole2208

Broken In
Friends,

I am just troubled to find that whenever I try to adjust my System's volume and everything from the Control Panel,I get this message :

Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe,use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install
I tried to reinstall my sound device [SoundMax] a couple of times,but still nothing improved.
If any one has any idea what it is all about, please tell me how to overcome this problem !!

By the way, I just found out that many of my important softwares are somehow getting uninstalled without me being doing it . I mean without any anual intervention,can this really happen ?

Please help me out if possible.....

Ishan

In the zone
What abt ur sound drivers? check it from device manager.

I think they should be working fine coz. atleast u are able to hear the sound.
as u said is that the problem comes only when u change the settings right?

I advice uninstall all the other sound-devices related softwares. , then reinstall the main software that comes with ur mother board CD. If this works fine..then again try to install these softwares again.

If u feel any software to be conflicting with others then dont install such.

OP
N

nicole2208

Broken In
Yes Ishan, I uninstalled my main Sound device software from the Mother board CD and then tried to Install it again,but to no use.

Yes, I can play any sound file and only problem I face is when i try to adjust the volume level and other setting .

So, do I have to resinstall my Operating system again ? Is that the only solution ?

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Maybe u can try getting the latest drivers instead of the ones from the motherboard CD, once the update is completed, open the sound settings and resort to the default settings, may be this will work, may be will not

But just give it a try

OP
N

nicole2208

Broken In
No,it doesn't works. I am geting this :
Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe,use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install

Ishan

In the zone
My my! is formatting the only solution..I mean...just a sound problem compels us to format our PC. I cant do that if its my PC.. Well nicole don't hurry yaar...wait for some more tips...

Well tell me what if u do volume settings from any audio players...Does it give the same error..As u told u r trying out settings from Ctrl Panel?

Also try copying the file u r talking about(sndvol32.exe) from ur friends PC. It is in system drive;>>Windows>>system32 folder........I am talking abt WinXp only..

if u want it from me...tell me..I'll send it to u.

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
One thing u could do is uninstall the soundmax software and the driver and then remove the hardware from ur device manager. Then restart ur machine, xp will then detect and reinstall ur hardware with u providing the driver.
Tried this method once when my creative sound card gave problem and it worked.

OP
N

nicole2208

Broken In
Hello friends,
I just tried everything that I can do,and still the problem persist.
I uninstalled Sound Max,and then resinstalled it, but still when I try to open the Volume Adjust menu , the same thing comes up :

So, can anyone please tell me how to uninstall the associated codecs alongwith it ?
Also, where to find another sndvol32.exe to replace the existing one ?

Please help friends !! I really don't want to format my PC just due to a minor problem in volume adjustment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom