Core i5 ivy 3rd generation processor and Mother Board support

rockers

Broken In
I am planning to upgrade my system. I planning to buy new core i5 3rd Generation processor and I looking for a suitable mother board for it. Main purpose I will be using vmware software and various os in it. I will not play games . I used to watch HD movies for that I am looking for good graphics supporting Board and high def audio supporting.I am excepting a higher end configuration with both in Intel processor and Intel Mother boards.

My configuration

Intel Core i5 3570 or 3550
Mother board DQ77MK or DZ68DB
HDD 1 TB seagate
RAM 8 GB Corsair
DVD writer sony
cabinet zebronics

I want to know can i use DZ68DB for Core i5 3550 .

waiting for reply............

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for your Type of work AMD's 8 core cpu is more suitable - if possible wait for FX-8350 or get FX-8150 @ 11.3k and Asus M5A88-V EVO @8k.

OP
R

rockers

Broken In
I want INTEL motherboard details which support Intel® VT and VT-D for core i5 3550 processor. Because I want both processor And Mother Board by INTEL.

OP
R

rockers

Broken In
For intel core i5 3550 Any Asus board pls which support Vmware and HD movies Except Asus M5A88-V EVO because I saw this board not that much satisfied..... Any other asus board??????

OP
R

rockers

Broken In
I saw the FX-8150 processor Ii is fine good. I have a small doubt one of my friend is using AMD Processor which has problem of restarting when the applications are higher. So only small confusion in AMD. Because of it only I am planning to Take Intel. I want to know how is now the AMD processor . the restarting problem is now been rectified or still it is there....... Waiting for Reply

Naxal

Little Kid
I have a small doubt one of my friend is using AMD Processor which has problem of restarting when the applications are higher.

Point the fingers to else where.

Poor PSU
Poor OC settings
Poor cooling used
Dust or many other factor.

load on system may slow it down or worst freeze it but wont cause what you have said.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ these are common issues but three's some sort of compatibility issue when using a AM3 mobo and AM3+ cpu especially in Turbo mode though a bios update may fix the issue.

@ rockers - if you want to buy an AMD cpu ( preferably AM3+ ) get a AM3+ mobo using AMD's 9 series chipset.

Top Bottom