Copying CD content from Cd library? Is it Pirtaing or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
Hi guys.
I have taken a CD from my college cd library

It is only for one day.

so i have to return it within one day.

Since some cds have much content it is difficult for me to see it all in one day.

so, i thought i can copy the contents of the cd to my computer.

But at that time i had a doubt that whether that if i copy this cd content which i have

taken from my college library, will it became a piracy?

is it legal to do this or illegal?

Can u say what the piracy rules say?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
If u made many more copies of that college CD adn then gifted/distributed it to ur friends..ten tat (i wud) hv termd as piracy..

copying contents for ur own use is not..(esp. wen taken legal permission) from ur college .. :) citing the real genuine reason for the same.. :)
---------

But, there are also ppl who do not believe in such stuff, coz they jus want to get their work done..and do not worry abt the hassels of obtaining permission or other blah..bhal..stuff.. :)
--------

So u decide..wat to do... :)
---------

Cheers n e-peace...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Copying ne type of content & usiing it 4 own personal purpose is not piracy....:D

But when u sell or distribute dat...content then its called piracy...:rolleyes:

Read EULA 4 more details...:grin:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Well, technically speaking, even taking a copy of a page in a book is illegal without the written permission of the publishers.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Well, piracy is illegal, so..

I was just showing how people need to adjust themselves and not inspect everything before they do something.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Piracy is nothing but copyright infringement. When copying a page, you violate the copyright issued by the publishers. Therefore its illegal.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
well if these piracy thingy is followed by each and everyone of us.. then god help us from books, CDs, games, xerox copies, notes (for exam study) etc..etc..etc.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom