Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
whenever i click on my c:,d:,e:,f: then it says copy.exe is missing.........
then i formatted my c: ........
still it is happening with all remening drives except c: .........
is there any such file releted to drives and independent of with the info in c: ?????
i cant format all my dives..
isnt there any another method to do this?

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
its a virus... boot in safe mode and do a full system (not just C: drive) virus scan... no need of formatting..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
It is a virus.
Follow these steps.But first turn off system restore.

1) Enable "show hidden files and folder"
Delete autorun.ini from d:\ E:\ f:\

2) Kill all processes related to copy.exe trojan (including but not limited to host.exe, xcopy.exe, temp1.exe, temp2.exe from task manager

2) Delete all files related to copy.exe trojan (including but not limited to host.exe, xcopy.exe, temp1.exe, temp2.exe and svchost.exe)

3) Delete subkeys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2 key which are created by Copy.exe file virus.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
if the full system virus scan doesnt help (most probably it is enough)

try this: *free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-rootkit-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

goldy_connect

Broken In
If your computer is not containing any important files or folder which you want in future, then I suggest you to break the partition table and then write new partition table. You can use FDISK or Seagate Disk Manager or any other Disk Manager tools you have.

It sure works

Try It.!!

this is no solution pal.all we want 2 know is that how to delete this file?????
actually i have my pen drive infected with this file.......:mad: i deleted the registry values but after restart it comes again........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom