Cooling solutions pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Hi guys
i am currently downloading linux distros and and other huge files off the internet and my cmp gets really hot my hardisk got so hot that i had to remove the harddisk from the cabinet and place it on topf the cabinet any cooling solutions softwaresAlso do u guys know any software that shutdowns the computer automatically if it overheats

G

gxsaurav

The easiest & cheapest way is to remove the CPU Cabinet side door, for a while,

other then that U can go for more cooling fans etc

place a packet of silica jel inside the cabinet to absorb the moisture

rohanbee

Padawan
Tell me what will you achieve by removing the moisture?? There are computers in humid countries and regions. Is this what they do too!!

sumitava_b

In the zone
gxsaurav said:
place a packet of silica jel inside the cabinet to absorb the moisture

Thats one advice u have given, man! Silica gel!! I am using it for a small container to keep my camera (SLR one).....I have to always cover that container to keep it away from normal atmosphere. Otherwise it gets blue in a few days. Even after that I have to heat it every month.

You are advicing that one shud keep it open in cabinet exposed to normal atmospheric moisture!! :shock: One would be busy everyday heating those gels to keep it white (Blue ones r quite useless, u know).

Get an AC :p , otherwise nothing is adequate to keep moisture off from ur room atmosphere.

OP
V

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Guys i am asking for a cooling soln not for keeping off humidity from my cabinet i dont have any facilities for further attaching any fans and my cabinet is always open

Sourabh

Laptoping
try to get hold of some had disk cooler fans if they are available in ur area

they are pretty common nowadays and have seen them in lamington road ones

i guess they cost around 200 bucks

havent used them myself so cant be sure

btw how is it tht ur hdd gets hot all of a sudden ? any known reasons or doubts or is it just tht the heat of hyderabad is taking its toll from ur HDD

sumitava_b

In the zone
Few days ago, I too gave the same advice of putting a table fan in other thread about cooling too. Its really useful!! 8)

sumitava_b

In the zone
For hard disk cooler, visit ebay. Lots of type of hd coolers r available there, like Hard Drive Cooling Fan, Double Fan Hard Disk Drive Cooler, Hard Drive Cooler FlowCooler Sleeve Bearing, Hard Disk Drive Cooler (Rs.299), DELUXE HARD DISK COOLER( Rs. 399) etc.

I dunno how much they r effective. But at such low price, its worth of taking a chance :)

D

dinesh_singh

yes HDD coolers comes with a price tag of max rs 450...
i have one and its worth spending money.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
how about a ac close to the cabinet ???? should this work ??? i am getting an ac fixed in my room ... just thouhgt of asking ......

rohanbee

Padawan
It might freeze everything :lol: :lol: .............i dont think things need to be chilled. Just the right temperature thats all.........

premrajeev

Journeyman
when some one needs help, all r joking.

I have detailed posts regarding system cooling in bazaar section earlier too. First, find out the heating source. Most probably, it will b smps, cpu,Graphic card and chipset. Then HDD's. If ur hdd's are so hot ( newer 7200 rpm hdd's tends to heat around 50-55 degrees ) try installing some hdd coolers...also make sure that ur cabinet has an air intake fan , unless no use of hdd fans..it will help u to reduce the heat ( if u have intake fan, temp difference will b around 8 to 10 degrees or around 40 degrees / and if u have no intake fans, it will be around 5 degrees /around 45 to 48 degrees.) TRY installing a big 80 mm fan if u can fit it on some bracket and put it under ur hdd. Belive me, it helps...and better than more hdd coolers as the fans in coolers are not so powerful.

if u have no exhaust fans, trying to install one helps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom