Coolest (and maybe most powerful) weapon in a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I know it's hard to tell, there are many weapons which have their strengths and weaknesses but let us try to list at least five of them. I may be missing some as I have not played games like Star Wars: Republic Commando, Quake4 and COD-2, Splinter Cell, etc but anyway... My listing is:

BFG (Doom-3) WOW!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Laser guided rocket launcher (Half-Life2) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
OICW Assault Rifle (Farcry)
Plasma Rifle (Quake-3 Arena)
Sniper Rifle (Farcry) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The rocket launcher in HL-2 is simply great, as the rockets can be guided and does not go in a simple straight line. Also special mention is the sniper rifle in Farcry with it's immense scope and can shoot enemies almost a km away.

I maybe missing some more powerful weapons but according to me these are the coolest and most powerful.

Friends, list yours... :!:

vmp_vivek

In the zone
1) BFG - Doom 3
2) Rocket Launcher - HL2, Unreal 2004 and Quake III Arena
3) Sniper rifle, AK47 - Counter Strike: Source
4) Minigun - GTA Series.

That's for me. :p :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
good to see a post with everyone standing by their guns.

some that you missed out

1. redeemer in UT2k4 ... guided missile, and a warhead with enough blast radius to take out a city block. any small countries you want to take over?

2. Painkiller weapon in painkiller... a boost to you immunity complex

3. the UT2k4 sniper .... one shot one kill

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Topic is about the coolest weapons and yet no one has mentioned the Gravity Gun and Gravity Gun Redux? That one got to be one of the most radical weapon we have seen till date in any of the games. Throwing around stuff has never been so much fun. And though I havent used it in a HL2:DM game, friends tell me that there is a special pleasure in getting a kill with a toilet seat. :)

Another weapon that I would like to mention is the fibre wire used by Agent 47 in Hitman games. Though really not powerful, they certainly do have a cool factor to them. Nothing more staisfying then suffocate someone to death, cleanly without any blood, mafia style.

In the goofy yet powerful guns section, I would put Serious Sam's Cannon Gun. One shot and have your path all cleared. Oh yes, there is the Serious Bomb as well! How did I forget that? Seriously?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Yes, the gravity gun in HL-2 requires special mention, but you cannot rely solely on that to get through heavy firefights. There was also a type of gravity gun in Doom3-resurrection of evil, in which you could throw, e.g. the fireball of the imp threw back to it.

I would like to add one more (obvious, missed it first time):

The gravity gun in HL-2

blackleopard92

In the zone
The most dangerous weapon is lightsabre.
best defence and offence. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Imagine how would one feel when a sabre wielding guy runs to you while you frantically pump bullets into him for no effect.And then.... you get cloned!!!

fnatic@play

Broken In
shock rifle , lightning gun in UT2k4 pwnz all! ...
and rail gun + rocket launcher in q3a...

all said n done... I use all the weapons equally... depending on the situation. in u2k4. I don play any other.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
There is a cult classic called fallout and The M 72 Gauss Rifle from the second game in the series is, in my opinion, the coolest weapon of all the games I've played till date.
Second in line comes the Browning M2 from Fallout: Brotherhood of steel

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
deathvirus_me said:
One gun rule's them all : SBC Cannon .. in Serious Sam .....

Yeah baby.. tht along with the machinegun... ohh I miss those old adrenaline pumping days.

Others 4 me:
1) UT2k4: Redeemer.
2) Quake3/Doom3 : Big - ****ing -Gun a.K.a BFG
3) Far Cry: The Sniper

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, nobody's ever mentioned the SC-20K in Splinter Cell.

No gun has so much variety as this one does.

Sniper Mode+Ring Airfoil Shooter+Sticky Shocker+Sticky Cam+Diversion Cam+Smoke Grenade+SMG....

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@ymhatre: Of course, there is the Prince's sword in POP series and there is the knife in Farcry to slit open everyone's throat, if they are not careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom