Cooler Master TPC 812 - World's first CPU Heatsink with Vapor Chamber Cooling

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Check this new cooler out (from coolermaster)
CoolerMaster 812:: TPC 812 - Cooler Master

Loos good IMO.
Any idea about pricing?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edited the title, choose a proper one next time, buddy. ;)

And here goes the review:-

Cooler Master TPC 812 Vertical Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler

Read it couple of days back, looks good so far. But waiting for a comparison with Silver Arrow and D14 and of course, closed loop liquid coolers.

Will take some time to be available here.

OP
d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Thanks skud. I mistakenly pasted the URL in the title instead of posting it in body.
And thanks for the review link. I was searching for something good.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's available at 76.98 Canadian Dollar which is below than 4k INR ;-)
Coolermaster Tpc 812 Direct Contact 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA775/1366/1155/1156/2011 120MM Fan (RR-T812-24PK-R1) - CPU Heatsinks - Price Comparison - Housing and Cooling - Heatsinks and Fans - Computers - 50487718

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
The Bottom plate and Pipes are not Copper. Weird.

Looks pretty much same as 212 EVO with added vertical Pipes.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
i guess they are copper and are nickle plated if i read that review correctly.yup at first it looked to me like a new hyper 212 series cooler. ;-)

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frostytech gives the cooler a thumbs up, in fact for Intel systems it was in the top 5:-

Coolermaster TPC-812 Vapor Chamber/Heatpipe Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Here's a good read to get an idea how Heat Pipes and Vapor Chambers work :D

Heat pipe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another review:-

Cooler Master TPC 812 CPU Cooler Review - Cooler Master TPC 812 - Legit Reviews

Don't know why nobody is testing this cooler in push pull configuration. BTW, here's the dimensions:-

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1913/cooler_master_tpc_812-031.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here you go ;-)

I added a second fan in push/pull to see if that could get even more performance out of the TPC 812. All geared up, the TPC 812 did perform slightly better, but not to the extent I had hoped for. It was able to knock off the ~$100 water cooling solution with ease (it did that with only one fan), but was no match for the likes of the behemoth Phanteks PH-TC14PE or Noctua NH-D14. However, the dual fan setup did provide an excellent side effect. Using fan control software (in this case ASUS’ FanExpert 2), I was able to get stellar cooling results in near silence for everyday use.

Cooler Master TPC 812 CPU Cooler Review-Hi Tech Legion-Cooler Master TPC 812 CPU Cooler Review

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks tg for the link. So hardly any difference with an additional fan, no wonder CM bundled the cooler with just one fan.

Top Bottom