Cooler Master GX 450W

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys I came across this CM GX 450W PSU. It has got some very good reviews as opposite to my expectations. It also carries a 5 yr warranty. Gives Corsair cx430v2 or same range seasonic a good run IMO. Check them out-

Cooler Master GX 450 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Coolermaster GX450 450W Review - Jonnyguru

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a decent PSU ( launched a long time back ) - but the price is still more than 3k for sure here so Corsair CX430v2 is still the most VFM PSU ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
CM GX 450 is fine.

GX 550 is so-so. Above that, not recommended.

dibya_kol

In the zone
once i had to chose between cm gx 600wt and corsair vx550. Yes, it was 50wt less but I choosed corsair. I think i have done a wise move.
BTW apart from psu, i like CM.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Bad PSS with very poor efficiency. Should be avoided. If one can get ~300Watt out of this GX450, he will consider him/herself lucky. Not only this model, but the total GX lineup is 2nd worst from CM, after extreme series.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this out: :)

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX-450-W-Power-Supply-Review/1234/7

Hardware Secrets said:
The Cooler Master GX 450 W is a good mainstream power supply, with high efficiency (between 81.3% and 86.4%), very good voltage regulation, and low noise and ripple levels.

It is very important to understand that the 450 W model uses a completely different internal design compared to the more powerful models from the GX series.

The fact that the over temperature protection kicked in during our full load test can be seen as a good thing or as a bad thing. On the good side, we know the unit has this protection and it is working. On the bad side, this probably means that the secondary heatsink is under-dimensioned and/or the over temperature protection is set to trigger at a value that is too low.

The fact that we couldn’t pull more than 450 W from is also a double-edged sword. Some users will like that the unit has its protections working at a tight configuration, while others would prefer that the unit had some margin for overloading.

At a suggested price of only USD 50 – with stores probably offering less than that – the Cooler Master GX 450 W comes with an excellent cost/benefit ratio for users that want an inexpensive yet safe power supply with high efficiency.

Top Bottom