Cooler in the same room as a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hey

I know moisture is not considered good for the PC, and this is especially true for desktops. But is it 'OK' to have a Laptop in a room with a water cooler?

Plz say yes.... bahut garmi hai dilli mein aajkal.

Thanks

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Yeah.. Perhaps. But try keep it away from the direct wind blow. And store it in a bag with few bags of silica gel.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Dont know bout laptops but my desktop and my cooler are in the same room. Never had that moisture problem. Go for it for "keep distance":D

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Thanks kalpik, cynosure . its a great relief to know this.
@kaustav silica gel bag??

vikingboy

Right off the assembly line
yeah silica gel bags is a good idea..
they are the small white bags filled with crystals that come in many medicine bottles...
they absorb moisture :D

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
chesss said:
@kaustav silica gel bag??

Yup. They are small tissue bags having crystals of silica gel.They absorb moisture. Many electronic appliances come with silica gel bags in their cases e.g, digital cameras etc.

They are fairly cheap I guess. Do get it for your laptop case even if you don't keep it in the room with the cooler. It'll help you keep the internals of your Lappy moisture free, translating into its better land healthy life . :D

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
thanks for the silica gel tip guys. I'll use them (if I can get hold of any).
offtopic question(didn't deserve own thread) - is it okay to remove the plastic sheet behind the lcd screen?

slugger

Banned
hey guyz where do i buy the pouches of silica gel from. checked out the neighbourhood medicine/grocery shop [had 2 start from somewhere], but they did not have any

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Did you ever bought A Water Bottle, or Thurmas Flask. I got mine from there.
I am not sure you can get them seprately.
And my PC is in just in front of cooler.
7-8 feet away.
Haven't got any problem till date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom