Converting/Migrating Basic phone for BSNL cheaper broadband Plan, Help Needed!

rajivkumar3000

Right off the assembly line
Hi all, I have a BSNL Landline Basic phone connection. I currently use Dial-up connection. I'm going to get a BSNL Broadband connection. But Hear are few doubts:

1. I'm confused between the plan selection. I like the plan 'BB Home COMBO UL 750' instead of 'BB Home UL 750'. 'BB Home Combo UL 750' is cheaper because you don't have to pay the monthly phone rentals. (for your kind information I don't make even a one call from my BSNL landline. It's just lying idle on the table), As my problem is that I already have the landline connection, So, can I get my existing phone plan (GENERAL-URBAN-LT-30000) converted/migrated to 'BB Home COMBO UL 750'. please clarify. If that's not possible I'll take the 'BB Home UL 499' plan, because I can't pay Rs. 750+telephone rentals. If I get changed to the 'BB Home COMBO UL 750' plan what will be the telephone pulse? will it be the same? If in future I get my broadband disconnected, will I get the same pulse for NetOne dial-up? (on my current phone it is- 450 seconds in day time & 900 seconds in the night and charge per pulse call is Rs. 1.20) AND Will the monthly rate be Rs. 120?:???: :-?

2. Is 'BB Home Combo UL 750' plan according to "OneIndia basic phone" plan???

3. I know how to connect the modem and phone line with the PC. For configuring modem & other trouble shooting I'll use search the net for help. So can I save Rs. 250/- (+service tax) installation charges or Will I still have to pay that amount to BSNL.

4. What will my Modem package/Broadband package etc. contain?

5. How will they provide me modem package? Should I go to BSNL office to collect it OR will they come to my home (~remember~ I don't want to pay installation charges.)

6. How will I get my Broadband ID & Password? Will they (BSNL guys) tell me over telephone? OR In written? OR In sealed envelope? OR by what mean?:???:

7. Is Portal ID & Password different than broadband User ID & Password? If yes How would they provide it?

8. I don't have a Laptop so probably I'll be buying 'ADSL Basic' modem instead of Wifi Modem. So, going on the BSNL site shows 'Basic Type-B1' has 1 Ethernet port & 1 USB port AND 'Basic Type-B2' has 4 Ethernet ports & 1 USB port. So, What is the difference between both of them? Which one is better? Which one should I buy? If anyone of you tried both of them, please clarify.

9. If I go for the "ADSL WiFi Modem", What is the difference between "Type-W1" And "Type-W2". (I think they both are priced at Rs. 1800):???:

10. I think their 'BB Home Rural Combo ULD 500' is very appealing plan. But it is for rural areas. I live in a small town in Rajasthan. Am I in a rural area or not (as per the 'department of telecom' guidelines)? BSNL local office/exchange is 2Km away from my home & SSA/District headquarter is located away 60Km. (in the main district city). My current basic phone landline bill shows plan "GENERAL-URBAN-LT-30000" & fixed rental is Rs. 120 per month.

11. So, What are guidelines/definitions of "Rural" as per 'department of telecom'?

12. If I'm allowed to avail the 'BB Home COMBO UL 750' plan, will my current telephone number be changed?

13. What will be total initial cost according to my plan? Do I have to pay that in advance or will it be included in my first bill?

14. In the application form there is a column for "Choice for e-mail/user:", Which has four blank spaces. Do I have to fill these fields OR can I make email IDs online later after taking the broadband connection? Is there any method for that? [According to "UL 750" plan they provide two E-mail IDs.]

15. In some forums I've come to know that sometimes BSNL guys give another plan, other that what we filled in the form, without even informing us!!! I've heard a incident that one guy applied for an unlimited plan but they allotted them a limited one!!! He downloaded a high volume of data and after a month he was shocked to see the exorbitant bill! Is there any online provision to know what plan we got after getting the connection? Most of the time BSNL workers at office are non-cooperative.

16. For which site will they give portal ID to check usage etc. (BSNL Portal OR BSNL Customer Care OR Loading Portal... OR anything else).

Please help me in details. especially regarding first question. I want to convert my basic phone for 'BB Home COMBO UL 750' plan. Is that possible? paying Rs. 120+taxes extra per month is waste of money considering I'm not going to make voice calls.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom