Convertind VCD -> Divx

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
Can you tell me a freeware which can convert VCD file(*.dat)

to Divx so that I can burn Divx discs .

Thank u

ravimevcha

Journeyman
dabster said:
Dr divx is not a freeware, Go for VirtualDub but it gives lots of errors...try vidomi or nandub.

VirtualDub is working fine with me..dont get any problem while converting .dat files..

Get Virtual Dub here : *virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

manmay

Journeyman
before converting using virtual dub u need to convert the *dat file to *.mpg
pl note that just changing the extension to .mpg does not help
u need vcdgear to convert dat to mpg it takes just abt 2-3 mins and yes pl tick fix mpg errors in vcd gear before u go for the conversion

now u convert the *.mpg file using virtual dub .

the reason for doing all this is the dat file contains major sync errors which create the errors .

i use winavi 7 to avoid all this ....u can directly convert dat to and other format..it is pretty good and fast too.....but ofcourse quality < virtual dub

cheers

parthbarot

In the zone
Huh..Dr. Divx is bogus...

VirtualDub/Flaskmpeg/Auto GordianKnot....and many more freewares..

goto www.doom9.org for more freeware and good softies for audio video compression and encoding..

Dipen01

Youngling
I couldnt change the Bitrate for Gordion Knot...so the compression was not that good..

I had recorded exactly 2 min. Video from TV...in MPEG format..so it was of size 30 MB...so when i converted it to avi thru Gordion..its made is 14...bas...:(:(..

and also it took 25 mins..for 2 min..file..:(

So am using AVS Video Converter..its good and fast..:)

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Ok I have a little different query, I want to convert a DVD movie of 4.2 GB to XViD format of 1CD size, please help. :)

parthbarot

In the zone
@ vmp_vivek

see,
u shld make the 4.2 GB DVD to TWO 700 MB parts (Xvid)...if u make only 700MB xvid then quality degrades upto 70 to 80% i think...and on p2p networks,torrents also providing 1.36 to 1.4 GB DVD quality XVIDs..so it is better to make it in 2 parts 700MB each...and u will get grt quality...as i have may videos of DVD quality for the given size of 1.3 to 1.5 GB...

do it in FLASKMPEG or AUTOGK or goto www.doom9.org and find any other tool by reading its review..
one other site www.videohelp.com can help u...

regards,
Parth Barot.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@parth,
I know how to make it in 2cds for 700 mb each and thus, 1.2 gb total of two cds, but I have seen many times that they are merged into one. So can you please now suggest me how to merge them ? Thanks. :)

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey check out these links
*www.tomdownload.com/dvd_converter.htm
*www.brothersoft.com/divx-convert-vcd.html
*www.eurodownload.com/download-software/206/DVD-to-VCD-AVI-DivX-Converter.html
*www.softforall.com/Multimedia/Video/DVD_to_VCD_AVI_DivX_Converter07070022.htm
*www.download3000.com/download_7796.html
*www.topshareware.com/DVD-to-VCD-AVI-DivX-Converter-download-8762.htm
*www.imtoo.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.