Converted my K750i to W800i by flashing, and it's worth it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Since K750i and W800i have the same hardware, u can easily convert it to W800i. The main difference is that when you start the phone, you get an option to start the phone in normal or music mode. And most importantly you get the much advanced WALKMAN media player and even your sound quality improves. But beware only older models of K750i (CID36) can be flashed and not the newer (CID49). It also voids your warranty with Sony Ericsson.

Last edited:

outlaw

De@d
the pricing is ridicolous

why are these S.E guys so dumb

now everyone's going for k750 instead of w800

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
outlaw said:

All said and done you have to consider the hpm-70 stereo headphones and the 512 mb card, which comes with w800i!

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
outlaw said:

It true with Older Edition:) and in Mkt. it is hard to find Old Edetion as K750i is Hot Cake ;). With New edition it's not Possibel and you might ruined your phone:mad:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Converting K750i to W800i involves some risks.
Ensure uninterrupted Internet connection and Power to system. Else your phone gets corrupted.
If your mobile is still under warranty period, don't go for Firmware change to W800i. Warranty gets void.

And do remember..The Process in Irreversible!

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone
_________
kiran.rkk said:
Converting K750i to W800i involves some risks.
Ensure uninterrupted Internet connection and Power to system. Else your phone gets corrupted.
If your mobile is still under warranty period, don't go for Firmware change to W800i. Warranty gets void.

And do remember..The Process in Irreversible!

I guess the process is reversible using Gflash...

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@Soumya,
I should have made it more precise. The reversible process is not 100%trustworthy. It can reversed by changing back to original CDA and using SEUS update service. But I heard that SEUS rejects the firmware update.
So I don't recommend taking such risks. One could go for convertion to W800i if he/she never thinks of reversing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom