Convert K750i to W800i

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyxs

Right off the assembly line
Convert ur K750i to W800i, check out this link :
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=6389

I used the PhoneXS 2.10 Alpha3 instead of Phone-XS V2.01 as shown in the link. I couldn't get Phone-XS V2.01 to recognize my phone. U can get the same from the www.topsony.com site.

Advantages are U get the Walkman interface which is better than K750i media player. Also the music phone/airplane mode in which the phone can be used in mp3 player only mode, the battery lasts longer in this mode.
The sound volume is increased. Also if U get MegaBass, if it was not there earlier.

Only disadvantage I found was the activity button is now replaced with the Walkman button.

All the newer K750i phones should be CID 49. U can check if ur phone is
CID 49 using k750flasher_13.7 :

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1805

Click the Read CID/Test Cable button in k750flasher_13.7

Also please follow the instructions at this link about important things u need to be aware of before flashing the firmware of ur phone:

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=6118&st=0

It seems U could void ur warranty, if u do the above....
So at ur own risk !

All the best *images.techtree.com/ttimages/forum/icon_smile.gif

mayneu

Journeyman
tonyxs said:
Convert ur K750i to W800i, check out this link :

I used the PhoneXS 2.10 Alpha3 instead of Phone-XS V2.01 as shown in the link. I couldn't get Phone-XS V2.01 to recognize my phone. U can get the same from the www.topsony.com site.

Advantages are U get the Walkman interface which is better than K750i media player. Also the music phone/airplane mode in which the phone can be used in mp3 player only mode, the battery lasts longer in this mode.
The sound volume is increased. Also if U get MegaBass, if it was not there earlier.

Only disadvantage I found was the activity button is now replaced with the Walkman button.

All the newer K750i phones should be CID 49. U can check if ur phone is
CID 49 using k750flasher_13.7 :

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1805

Click the Read CID/Test Cable button in k750flasher_13.7

Also please follow the instructions at this link about important things u need to be aware of before flashing the firmware of ur phone:

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=6118&st=0

It seems U could void ur warranty, if u do the above....
So at ur own risk !

All the best *images.techtree.com/ttimages/forum/icon_smile.gif

Dude, similar topic is covered in this link. didnt understand whether u r asking

question here or giving a tutorial..... if its a tutorial, its a wrong section. it

looks like its a tutorial. here is the similar link

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46195

hailgautam

Youngling
man i tried a lot but could not do it, some how my FAR manager would not open any files or the file system. The flasher would not flash.:-?

mayneu

Journeyman
hailgautam said:
man i tried a lot but could not do it, some how my FAR manager would not open any files or the file system. The flasher would not flash.:-?
hey gautam, what phone r u using? did u check in this site *forums.se-nse.net/index.php?act=home ??? & also in this site???
www.esato.com.

there u get all the information to ur problems... just ask ur questions there, they will help u definitely.

hailgautam

Youngling
I am using K750i, that is why i was trying to convert. I checked all these sites. But did not work. At least I wanted to upgrede the number of SMS on the Phone with FAR Manager to more than the 100 (or is it 200 - forgot) to something more, as I send recive more than a hundred messages a day.But with FAR manager would not be able to see any files.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats coz you probably haf a newer cid49 k750i. far manager only works wid older cid36 phones. you can try phone xs software. but its not 100% guaranteed!

OP
T

tonyxs

Right off the assembly line
hailgautam said:
I am using K750i, that is why i was trying to convert. I checked all these sites. But did not work. At least I wanted to upgrede the number of SMS on the Phone with FAR Manager to more than the 100 (or is it 200 - forgot) to something more, as I send recive more than a hundred messages a day.But with FAR manager would not be able to see any files.

Hi Gautam, Please check the link

First U need to make sure ur phone is CID 49.
Use this software to do the same.
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?a...e=post&id=1805

I don't know why U are using FAR manager for converting ur phone.

The softwares I used were GSlide v1.5 and PhoneXS 2.10 Alpha3.
Also the files W800_R1BC002_MAIN_EU_EMEA.rar (main flash file), W800_R1BC002_FS_EMEA6.rar (File system flash) and w800_r1bc002_change_custom_folder.zip (custom file) are needed.

These files U need to use with GSlide v1.5 and u get 2 output files 'mainflash.bin' and 'filesystem.bin'

U need to create a custom folder in ur phones memory card and extract the contents of W800i_CDA102430_6_EMEA_6.zip into this folder.

Then U need to use the PhoneXS 2.10 Alpha3 software, connect ur
phone using the usb data cable and select the 'mainflash.bin' and 'file system.bin' which u got from GSlide v1.5 and complete the flash process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom