Convert a XFX 8600GT to XFX 8600GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
hi guys!

i just converted my XFX 8600GT to a XFX 8600GTS.the process is damn easy.
here r the steps:
1-> extract ur 8600GT bios thru nibitor.
2->after extracting the bios,in the 1st page cahge core to 700,shader to 1600 and memory to 850.
3->click bootup clocks and enter the same above values.
4->in the 2nd page (Voltages) set the field 3D to 1.32V.
dont tough anything else.just save the bios.
5->create a MS-DOS boot floppy.load nvflash into that floppy,the original bios and the modified bios.
6->boot from the floppy and at the prompt enter 'nvflash -4 -5 -6 'name of the biosfile with the .rom extension''.
aftre flashing boot into windows and check device manager.it'll show 8600GTS.

*www.freeimagehosting.net/

*www.freeimagehosting.net/
*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f6cd7ff0cd.jpg

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/81efa76305.jpg

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4e6f025b33.jpg

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I guess the 8800GTX can be also modded to an 8800ultra by this method as they both have the same number of pipelines oops Stream processors.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ yeah it sud but i dont have a 8800GTX to try it out mate...:D.

@aks_win didnt try 16X AA will let u know after i try it.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
What FPS do u get in lost planet and at what resolution.Ur from Durgapur,me too.I was there for 4 years.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
got 24-28 fps @ 1440x900 in outdoor scenes and bout 30-34 fps in indoor scenes with 4X AA and 4X AF.

@aks_win in Lost World i can set 16X AA in the settings.

Who

Guess Who's Back
it won't show 8600 GTS unless you change the device ID to 8600 GTS in nib, also this trick is pretty much like overclocking , but it also modfies the shader domin & volt so it will rise the FPS by bit, but the biggest benfit is the shader overclock, the games which are shader based (oblivion etc) will get a big benfit after this trick , i got a whoping 7-10 FPS increase after applying this trick. :D

p_d5010

Journeyman
Hey, I was thinking to buy xfx 8600GT......is this a good card? i wish to play games at least in 1280x720 resolution with high settings(not ultra high)......
and, my processor is 939pin AMD 3000+, will this bottleneck 8600gt? my mobo is asus a8n-e...

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ 8600GT is a good card.u can play games at medium to high settings depending on the game.ur proccy will be a bottleneck.oc ur proccy this sud solve the prob to some extent.

p_d5010

Journeyman
assasin said:
^^^ 8600GT is a good card.u can play games at medium to high settings depending on the game.ur proccy will be a bottleneck.oc ur proccy this sud solve the prob to some extent.
I have already overclocked my cpu by 17%.....should i overclock more (25%-30%) to overcome bottleneck? and at what resolutions can i play latest games in high detail settings?

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
even if u oc by 25-30% there will still be a little bottleneck.
i play @ 1440x900 medium to high details,4-8X AF,and 2-4X AA.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Whats the Reliablity ??

as see with OCing the Procy like C2D ur X2, its quite reliabe that u will not burn it :lol:

So whats up with this one ?? Is it reliable ??

And nice post Yaar, (Whats ur Real name by the way ??) will try for sure, with the 8600 GT which one of my frnd will get this week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom