Contacts backup in Nokia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I have a Nokia 6600 with about 1000 contacts. Now as I brought a new Nokia 7210 Supernova, I want to transfer all my contacts to the new mobile. As I dont have any data cable or bluetooth in my PC, I am unable to take a backup in my PC. Transfering one number each through bluetooth from one mobile to another would be a very tedious and time taking job.

Is there a better way to do the same.

Thank you.

Tamoghno

Padawan
There should be a "phone switch" application somewhere in 7210 , if its present then just open it and follow the wizard.it'll transfer your contacts, notes and calendar .But i'm not sure if its present in 7210.

Best way is to use sync old phone with pc suite + outlook and then sync again with your new phone. But you'll need bluetooth. Since 7210 dont come with data cable it makes sense to invest in a bluetooth dongle . Otherwise you may use friends comp.

You may also try some online services like nimbuzz to sync over gprs. But i've never tried that. I use nokia's ovi service , but i think its not supported in 6600.

Ross

Daydream Believer
Copy them to memory card
Unfortunately there is no option in 6600 to copy contacts onto Memory Card.

You could use Nokia PC Suite for 6600 for backup of contacts.
But you'll need Bluetooth Dongle (or IrDA) for connecting Phone to PC for backup.

Sync over GPRS will be an expensive option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom