Connecting two laptops with adhoc

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys,
I've Reliance Broadband connect, 12mbps upto 25gb and then 1mbps unlimited PLAN
I live with 4 roomies so want to share my internet with them...
It should be flexible, you know when i connect the cable i should be able to share it and when my other roomie is using it he should be able to share.
We tried few days before i got connected to my friends wifi but was unable to connect to internet.
So please guide me step by step how to share internet and it must be secure of course :D

Please note that I'm using win7 and my friend using winXp

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can use windows ICS(internet connection sharing) after connecting to reliance & making an ad-hoc wifi network to another laptop.for this to work you must be connected to reliance first at all times(or whenever net is required on wifi).here is a guide for xp(you can ignore port forwarding part) but steps will be similar in win 7 too.
PortForward's Forum • View topic - ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) Guide for Windows XP
also this way you can connect only 1 laptop directly to your laptop with reliance connection.to make your laptop a wifi hot spot you can use an application called "connectify".you can also buy a wifi router(TP-LINK 150mbps at ~1100 or 300mbps at ~1700 from flipkart) for better range/options etc.

Top Bottom