connect P.C. to Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
Hey folks plz help me out. I would like to know if there is any way by which I can connect my Computer to my Television so that I can watxh the videos on my HDD on the big screen (29" screen). Also can I watch movies through the VCD running in the CD drive on my television.
If I need to add xtra HW to rig up my T.V 2 my P.C., plz quote its approx price (so that I don't get taken 4 a ride)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
U need a graphics card with a TV-out port. Search the net for prices and available models.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Try for a Geforce Fx series Graphics card with optional Tv out connection or composite S-video out it will help u get better clarity and will also be able to watch dvd or vcd movies at a good resolution OR Try and opt for a Tv tuner card which has a Tv-out connection it might not give as clear image as a Graphic card but is less costly compared to a graphic card it must be costing around 1,800 bucks whereas a graphic card can cost u around 5,000 bucks (a good one with 128 MB Geforce one).well just to make sure of the prices just ask a lamington road dealer or visit diff shops over there.good luck.peace.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
use a vga to composit converter. we use it to hook up five to ten tv during a large presentation and it is quite cheep about rs 1500/- also there is no need to open the computer box just connect it to the vga out and it gives a composit vidio signal that can be feed to the av socket of the tv.

godzi_85

In the zone
hey guys i have a geforce mx 440se and when i connect the card to the comp nothing happens...should i select the Tv as a primary display or juts keep it as a secondary one...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
godzi_85 said:
when i connect the card to the comp nothing happens...
What do u mean by tha..u mean when u inster Card into AGP slot nothing happens .....
Anyway choose TV as secondary monitor...but better if there is an option choose Clone mode .

theraven

Technomancer
sigh
ok ... lets get into this
1) @slugger i dont suggest u go for tv tuners with tv out ...
so go in for a graphics card with a tv out or try out pradeep's way its cheaper ...
2) @godzi
ok i guess uve inserted ur card into the agp slot ... and ur monitor is workin fine
now u have to goto ur display properties => settings => advanced
and click the appropriate tab for the displays ...
now make sure ur tv out is connected or the "tv" display will not be highlighted
now choose the tv instead of ur analog monitor as the display
and make sure the country/region in its settings is set on india or the output format is pal-B.
click ok to apply and see if it works ... or else it'll be reset in 15 seconds anyways .. no harm no foul !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom