Confusion over laptop

sri1989

Right off the assembly line
Hello friends,
like all i too have landed myself in the laptop confusion probelm. my budget is max of 60 K with +or -2000.
my usage will be mostly on Photoshop since im a photographer, entertainment and working on excel (a lot infact) and little bit of games as well.
i shortlisted Dell Inspiron 15"SE, Sony vaio 15118, Samsung np550p. i don mind even getting suggestions on other brands. please help to buy one of them.

Thanks.

aroraanant

Explorer
Sony VAIO E Series SVE14A16FN is better than 15118.
So now the options you have are:
Sony VAIO E Series SVE14A16FN
Samsung 550P
Dell Inspiron 15R SE
All are good laptops now it depends on your usage and requirements that which one is the best for you.

rider

as Kratos
As per your requirements you need a 15" laptop for photo editing work and gaming.
I would like to suggest you to get Samsung series 5 550p core-i7 laptop that comes with incredible 300-nit anti-glare LED screen with 1600X900 resolution. And nvidia GT 650M is a powerful GPU in high end entertainment laptop of indian market.

astro

Broken In
Why don't you check out the Dell Inspiron 17R SE - It was available in Flipkart for 63k (Now showing out of stock). Being a photographer, you would require a bigger - display... right?

rider

as Kratos
Why don't you check out the Dell Inspiron 17R SE - It was available in Flipkart for 63k (Now showing out of stock). Being a photographer, you would require a bigger - display... right?

Not only the size but also the display quality. See today in laptops apple macbook pro 15" retina display model is the best in the world.
Second best is SVS15115FN : S Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India which comes with Sony IPS 1080p LED display. The only problem in that model is 640M LE which is 20% lower clocked version of GT 640M.

Dell Inspiron 17R SE has an average display not even 1080p in that model and its very very difficult to carry a 17" laptop that is almost three and half kg weight.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Oh my! What brought you to that conclusion buddy ? Both the MBP Retina and Vaio S15 screens are far from being the best screens in the market. They are amongst the top 5% best displays but not THE best.

S15 is just about above average. MBP Retina is better than S15 screen but not by much. S15 covers only about 50% of AdobeRGB and MBPRetina covers just 72%. Color Temperature is also way off on both. DeltaE values are also not in the levels of the best displays. SE has DeltaE 1.65 and MBP Retina 1.9. The below mentioned screens can get well below DeltaE value 1.

But overall neither can stand up against the very best screens like the HP Elitebook 17 inch Dreamcolor 2 IPS, Sony Vaio Z, Sony Vaio F, Dell Precision RGBLED FHD, and a few others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom