pranav.seth

Journeyman
hi guys,
i have been wanting to buy a pc from past 1-2 months but I was very confused. I have to buy a branded pc. But there are rumors that intel is launching a new series next year. Is this true? are there any official declarations by Intel? if yes should i wait? and if no, please tell me the best BRANDED PC under 40k for my purposes(light gaming, daily internet usage, full HD movie viewing, should support movie viewing and gaming on a 32" LCD TV).
Thank You,
And Please don't confuse me !!!! :)

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yes intel is going to launch sandybridge processors next year.
branded pc are waste. a 40k assembled is much better...
please fill the pc build questionnaire template..

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:mediocre gaming, full hd viewing on a 19"-22" monitor and 32"LCD TV, internet surfing and music.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:YES
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:35k-40k
4. Planning to overclock?
A:NO
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500gb
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:anything in my budget, looks great and is not too big.
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:no. Will select the parts and get it assembled by an assembler (plz tell trusted ones in delhi)
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:around the next month
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:YES
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Yes Webcam :)
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi.Preferably NO
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:A-Z. all parts and good speakers at that.

Last edited:

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 4.8k
ECS A885GM-A2 @ 4.9k
Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 4.6k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
logitech wireless mouse+multi. keyboard @ 2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 1.8k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ 22" E2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8.5k
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k
Biostar HD5770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.7k
TOTAL = Rs. 40k

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
at your budget, you will get good for nothing BRANDED INTEL PC's which can't match the above suggested rig.... athlon IIX4 635 is true quad core which would obviously help you out when multitasking and with 5770, HD movies would be a piece of cake along with some good gaming.... in my opinion, do not go branded....

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
when i brought my rig(this year in April), my parents were also against assembling.... but i somehow convinced them and the result obviously good.... so best idea is to convince your parents....

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
tell your parents that branded pc are crap

rahul some changes :) -

Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 12.7k
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
BenQ 22" G2220 @ 7.5k
Logitech Keyboard & mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 40.9k

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
thats better.. :)

@OP:- see the consensus is against going branded.... so the decision remains on you....

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Dell Inspiron Desktop 580 (S241235IN8) is better.... but the rig suggested by jas is a 100 times better than this....

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
i want to buy assembled but my parents are against it and they have convinced me in thinking that they all go wrong and alll that! Okay done! just tell me some really trusted dealers (who do not engage in all that fake ram stuff) in delhi and i will buy an assembled one only!

Top Bottom