Confused which cell 2 buy????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
HI!!!!!!!!! i'm new 2 dis place...............can some1 plz help..............i'm confused between SE W700i & K55oi...........plz help me frndz.............coz i have read the reveiws of both da cell.........but i'm still confused......coz currently i'm using Nokia 1110i..........and this is da 1st time i'm goin' 4 big budget fone............soo plz frnds help me...............:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First I would like to know what features you are looking for?

If you want to use your phone as a music player then go for W700i.
If you want a good camera go for K550i.
I suggest you also take a look at K750i.It's a great phone under Rs.10K.

prasad_den

Padawan
Give us your budget and minimum requirements.. Between the two, I feel K550 i is better, but as mentioned in the post above, it all depends on what you are looking for..

OP
rohan4pal

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
prasad_den said:
Give us your budget and minimum requirements.. Between the two, I feel K550 i is better, but as mentioned in the post above, it all depends on what you are looking for..

i'm lookin' 4 good camera...........nd gud sound quality.........any idea......my budget is around 11k

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
overall, k550i = k750i + edge + cybershot brand name + memory stick micro (instead of memory stick pro duo as used in k750i)..................................................(eqn 1)

however do check out the keypad ergonomics on it. rite now memory stick micro is the costliest type of memory card in the market.

but if u want great music out of the box then buy w700i.

in terms of cam: w700i = k750i - autofocus..................................................(eqn2)
in terms of music: w700i = k750i + walkman brand (player and megabass) + hpm70 passive noise cancellation earbuds + 256mb memory stick pro duo..................................................(eqn3)

to compare between k550i and w700i, substitute for k750i in eqn2 and eqn3 from eqn1 in terms of k550i..... man! i miss school dayz.. used to these substitutions a lot! :D

ps: if u are adventerous enough u can incorporate the walkman features (player + megabass) in k750i by hacking. but u'll still need to purchase hpm70 and larger memory card separetely!

Last edited:
OP
rohan4pal

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
infra_red_dude said:
overall, k550i = k750i + edge + cybershot brand name + memory stick micro (instead of memory stick pro duo as used in k750i)..................................................(eqn 1)

however do check out the keypad ergonomics on it. rite now memory stick micro is the costliest type of memory card in the market.

but if u want great music out of the box then buy w700i.

in terms of cam: w700i = k750i - autofocus..................................................(eqn2)
in terms of music: w700i = k750i + walkman brand (player and megabass) + hpm70 passive noise cancellation earbuds + 256mb memory stick pro duo..................................................(eqn3)

to compare between k550i and w700i, substitute for k750i in eqn2 and eqn3 from eqn1 in terms of k550i..... man! i miss school dayz.. used to these substitutions a lot! :D

ps: if u are adventerous enough u can incorporate the walkman features (player + megabass) in k750i by hacking. but u'll still need to purchase hpm70 and larger memory card separetely!

thanxs 4 da advise............i'll keep dat in mind.........

OP
rohan4pal

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
infra_red_dude said:
well if something is not clear feel free to ask (like autofocus, megabass) etc..

yaa thanx infra if u have any idea bout K550i ringtone quality & camera clearity plz tell me........waitin' 4 ur reply........:confused: :confused: :confused:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ringtone quality is good, no probs wid it. as for cam quality its a cybershot branded phone, so i dun think u need to bother abt it. anyways check these pics clicked wid k550i in the review for the cam quality. u may also read a complete review:

*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k550-en.shtml

and

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k550-review-128.php

OP
rohan4pal

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
infra_red_dude said:
ringtone quality is good, no probs wid it. as for cam quality its a cybershot branded phone, so i dun think u need to bother abt it. anyways check these pics clicked wid k550i in the review for the cam quality. u may also read a complete review:

*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k550-en.shtml

and

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k550-review-128.php

thanxs alot cool picture quality............

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
it totally depends on ur needs if u want music go for w700i
if u want camera go for k550i

keep in mind that if u r a sms addict then i would suggest w700i as k550i keyboard is not that ergonomic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom