Confused between the new Honda Jazz and new Suzuki Swift.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi,
We have a 10 years old daewoo Matiz. It has run just 42000 kms.(no, i didn't miss a zero.) We want to buy a new car. My only two choice now is the ones I mentioned in the title. Should we buy a diesel swift? With rising petrol prices diesel seems to be the only sane choice. Also our monthly running is less than 80kms. So I dont know if I should invest in a diesel car. I am ignoring the fact that I might not be able to recover the premium that I paid for if I buy the diesel swift. I will buy only the topend models of either cars.

Except for the fuel efficiency the Jazz beats the swift hands down. :(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
No, with only 80km/month you will not be able to recover the premium you will be paying for a diesel car. I think it is better to go with a Petrol car although I personally like Swift very much, that too diesel is like top fav :)

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
No, with only 80km/month you will not be able to recover the premium you will be paying for a diesel car. I think it is better to go with a Petrol car although I personally like Swift very much, that too diesel is like top fav :)

Dude, I said I am ignoring that recovering thing. Don't think about. Will I have any other problems if I go for a diesel car?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
oops, I am sorry, I didn't read that properly.
Moving forward, diesel cars, nowadays, do not need any special maintenance as people generally talk about diesel cars. I have a Figo diesel and one of my friends has diesel Swift. We pay nominal service charge as petrol car owners.

I think, in this case, you should go with Swift. I do not know about your financial status, but if I were you I would have done that because maintaining a "Maruti/Suzuki" is much cheaper than maintaining a "Honda". But if you can afford that, buy Jazz. :)

Offtopic: I'm really curious how you manage to spend just 80km on the car every month. I travel that much daily :(

Ontopic: How big is your family? Size plays a big role when buying a car. Are you all comfortable in the matiz? If not and you're looking for comfort for 5, consider only larger cars like the i20, the Jazz, the Indica Vista (the best in terms of butt-space :D), etc. Best, actually visit a showroom with your family and sit in a demo car.

PS: I've no idea how big the new swift is on the inside...

azzu

AJJU
The new Swift is surprisingly a great (new)car
not losing any of its old characteristics and improvising on the old flaws....

but i urge u to consider Nissan micra (diesel) ...just take a test drive

in above two cars , new jazz with price cuts is a great buy bt i will go for a diesel car anyday(swift)

abhidev

Human Spambot
I feel the new swit is bigger and better...but do not forget to try out Etios hatchback.....

J

Joker

stick to swift. Maruti suzuk and hyundaii spares are cheap and support is deep. Ford figo is also a gud car though.

i20 is underpowered for the price. Jazz still doesnt deserve the premium...yes im talking of the new one.

If u need something smaller than swift..then the new i10 is a great car.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I see most people above have suggested the Swift. But I would suggest sticking to the Jazz. Jazz is miles ahead in every department than the marutis and the hyundais. It is the look and feel of a big car and also drives like a big car. And with the latest price cuts it is a steal. The top end model (ex-showroom) is around 6.18 in Kolkata. Considering you will only buy the top end model of your choices, I would suggest the Jazz X over the new swift.

Considering you will only do around 80-100kms per month, it makes no sense to go for a diesel car.

And no, I am not biased towards Honda in spite of owning a Honda City. Also they are not expensive to maintain despite the general opinion. You only need to do the oil change once every 6 months.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I prefer i20 over Jazz and Swift. Compared to Honda, hyundai and maruthi are way lesser cost in terms of maintenance.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I feel the new swit is bigger and better...but do not forget to try out Etios hatchback.....

Actually I thought of buying the Liva but it has a few problems. Like slow pickup, bad interior and less bang for the buck.

Offtopic: I'm really curious how you manage to spend just 80km on the car every month. I travel that much daily :(

Ontopic: How big is your family? Size plays a big role when buying a car. Are you all comfortable in the matiz? If not and you're looking for comfort for 5, consider only larger cars like the i20, the Jazz, the Indica Vista (the best in terms of butt-space :D), etc. Best, actually visit a showroom with your family and sit in a demo car.

PS: I've no idea how big the new swift is on the inside...

Well, our daily commute isn't done in the car. We use the car only when the whole family has to go somewhere.

We are a family of 4. I still haven't seen the rear legroom space of the new swift. Have to see it before I decide.

abhidev

Human Spambot
In that case...i would suggest I-20...one of my friend has it...its powerful and great interiors and also the inbuilt audio system is nice...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I would suggest i20 or Jazz, the kind of quality that Maruthi Suzuki maintains these days is not satisfactory, I mean they've got superb engines & spares cost less & looks good from outside, that's about it, when you compare with competition at same price range, interiors are much better from competition. Coz most of the time you'll be spending inside the car sitting in it, so don't go for exterior looks alone.

i20 is worth every penny spent on it and Jazz is a no brainer with the reduced pricing. Every time you push that pedal it brings smiles to your face & typical Honda quality & service back up.

Ownership experience :
Had several models of Maruthi in family before moving to Hyundai, only then realized what we were missing in Maruthi.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Yeah, that's true. Interior and finishing in Maruti cars are always ways behind other manufactures (maybe Tata can beat them in this department). ;)

Well I didn't go with i20 because weight-to-power ratio in this car is much much higher than other vehicles, otherwise it has a lot of features which are absent in many entry level sedans. When I took a test ride i20, I could feel the "bulkiness"

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^Might be for you, but to be frank, i20 is a superb performer and the driving pleasure is high compared to Swift, where i feel like i am driving a TATA car. It's just my opinion.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Well if we we go for a petrol car than it will be the Jazz X. We are seriously considering the diesel Swift ZDI.

The Jazz is a very uncommon car. Driving it will make heads turn. :p Also the car is big and airy. The only downside: less than 15 kmpl :cry:

i20 is worth every penny spent on it and Jazz is a no brainer with the reduced pricing. Every time you push that pedal it brings smiles to your face & typical Honda quality & service back up.

Not exactly. Jazz actually doesn't accelerate quite well. The U.S version has a 1.5 litre engine option and that one suits the car. The India version only has the 1.2 litre option and thats a bit underpowered.

Right now all I am thinking is that at less than 15kmpl mileage and petrol prices rising constantly will the Jazz be a good choice? Better buy the Swift diesel because everytime you go for refill you won't feel bad when you see the prices of diesel. Also the diesel swift boasts of more than 20kmpl mileage.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^^
Did you test drive Jazz?? The last time I drove it, It actually felt peppy & nimble, you won't feel the bulk while maneuvering. On top of that gear box is super slick. Fe is a bit down though.

Why not VW Polo then??

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehe suggesting more cars might confuse him. In my earlier post I wanted to suggest Fabia too.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hehe suggesting more cars might confuse him. In my earlier post I wanted to suggest Fabia too.

Fabia & Polo share almost 80% of the components afaik, you won't go wrong with either. It's a long term investment, so looking at all available options might be confusing, but atleast he shouldn't feel later that why didn't I think about a particular car ;)

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....

Fabia & Polo share almost 80% of the components afaik, you won't go wrong with either. It's a long term investment, so looking at all available options might be confusing, but atleast he shouldn't feel later that why didn't I think about a particular car ;)

Skoda Fabia sucks on mileage. Less than 14 kmpl. I did think about the Polo but I want to buy a "new" car. :D

Top Bottom