Confused A8 or i5 and amd 7670 or nvidia gt

arick

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
upto INR 35000 to 45000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Main preference is above 15" screen.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus, Samsung, Sony,Dell,Hp,toshiba
b. Dislike: LG,lenovo

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Heavy Gaming (max payne 3 and other latest games mostly playable with mid to high settings.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
No such preference

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
EMI options available and also best deal in Delhi and faridabad if possible.

7) Minimum Specs
Above 1 gb graphic card.

And guys i am confused which graphic card and processor to go for.
I have heard 7670m amd was gud so pls recommend a good laptop with gaming background.
Or the nvidia gt 630m

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
DELL INSPIRON 15R comes in your budget and also has medium to high gaming capabilities, but i doubt it will play Max Payne 3 in high settings because it is one those graphic intensive games.

OP
A

arick

Broken In
How about HP g5 2005 ax?HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
Heard its good and and cheap compare to dell.
Is the performance better then hp in dell 15r?
Dell New Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ 1GB Graphics/ Linux Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook
this one?
Thanks

duke123

In the zone
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
regardless of it having i3/i5 or A8. most of these will have problem running modern games at high and simply no to MP3 at high. You need a better GPU like GT650M in samsung 550 but cost 50-52k.

If you can sell out ~42k, 3rd gen i5 + 7670M is a safe bet as i5 is much better than A8. If you want to to save money and still want to try all games at mid-high, grab A8 based one. Remember gaming performance of A8 or i3/i5 is almost same but in cpu intense applications i5 excels.

OP
A

arick

Broken In
Guys so pls fast last decision
Dell inspiron 15r
Dell New Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ 1GB Graphics/ Linux Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

or

HP pavillion g6 2016tx
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

dsmarty

Journeyman
Guys so pls fast last decision
Dell inspiron 15r

or

HP pavillion g6 2016tx

Obvious choice, go for HP. Dell is overpriced and has nothing more when compared to HP, neither A.S.S of dell is better nor life of components.
So get HP and save yourself from the misery.

OP
A

arick

Broken In
HP costing 43500 and 44000 .
The 1st one with just backpack and 1warranty.
The 2nd one with backpack , warranty , 4gb pen drive , cleaning kit and keyboard guard.

dell is costing rs 43800 with bluetooth headset , backpack and warranty just 1year.
which one do you thin wud be better.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Check that HP laptop on this link. but i suggest you too buy HP laptop through a local dealer...you will get it for 40K if you have bargaining skills...don't worry...Infibeam is also a trusted online shopping site. and apply this coupon code GREEN2012 while proceeding to pay the amount...you will get Rs 2000 discount...so the total amount is Rs 39,662.

Last edited:
OP
A

arick

Broken In
Just booked the dell inspiron r15 5520 cause of better service .
And going to review it next week when i receive it!
Thank you everybody for help.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^do 3dmark11 and uni-engine heaven for bench marking...
play some latest games in dx11 with fraps running in background.

and also download HWmonitor for temp check.

Top Bottom