Configuration for a PC under Rs 30,000.00

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Mainly for web browsing, Photoshop ,Video editing ,Run full HD movies, MultiSim, Comsol, Siemens PLC and MS Office. Gaming Like IGI,NFS Most Wanted

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: under 30K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 Pro (x64)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD( only for C: Drive)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: now already have Samsung TV ( Model UA20H4003AR) and planning to buy monitor after 1yr.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Graphic card( buy in future) ,Keyboard, mouse,UPS(Already have)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 30 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in BHUBANESWAR.
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: motherboard Gigabyte or ASUS ?? In future planning to install Graphics Card

My requirements:
Cabinet(under 2000 INR)
Memory 8G
B

Previous post was under 45k but I can't be that much budget right now due to some problem.

Last edited:
CPU - AMD R3 3200G - 7.6k

Mobo - Gigabyte B450 DS3H - 6.2k*

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 3000MHz - 3.4k

GPU - None

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB - 2.2k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 4.5k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 2.9k

Monitor - None, your TV

Total - 29.8k

* AsRock B450 Pro4 - 7.2k is the best option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs, but most sellers have latest stock with BIOS pre-installed these days. The PSU can handle mid-range GPUs but the CPU is kind of weak. But this is the best you can get, unless you are willing to look for used parts.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
CPU - AMD R3 3200G - 7.6k

Mobo - Gigabyte B450 DS3H - 6.2k*

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 3000MHz - 3.4k

GPU - None

SSD - Kingston A400 120GB - 2.2k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 4.5k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 2.9k

Monitor - None, your TV

Total - 29.8k

* AsRock B450 Pro4 - 7.2k is the best option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs, but most sellers have latest stock with BIOS pre-installed these days. The PSU can handle mid-range GPUs but the CPU is kind of weak. But this is the best you can get, unless you are willing to look for used parts.
what about Motherboard B450M DS3H WIFI ??

with graphics card ,supported AMD R3??

what about Motherboard B450M DS3H WIFI ??

with graphics card ,supported AMD R3??
Buying a USB dongle for WiFi & Bluetooth are cheaper than buying a mobo with a WiFi card.

R3 3200G has an integrated GPU, which takes care of GPU needs. Its not powerful for gaming, surely you can run old games or light games.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Buying a USB dongle for WiFi & Bluetooth are cheaper than buying a mobo with a WiFi card.

R3 3200G has an integrated GPU, which takes care of GPU needs. Its not powerful for gaming, surely you can run old games or light games.
Ok i will buy 3200G ,
just asking about with graphic card which CPU is better in 3200G

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can support B450M DS3H motherboard with Ryzen 3 3300X and 3100 ??

I think it required graphic card for these two processor . Any suggestions ??
Only Ryzen G processors have integrated graphics, normal ryzen processors have no integrated graphics so you must install graphics card to get the display output from system. Ryzen 3100 & 3300X are non-G so need graphics card. Motherboard compatibility depends only on bios supporting processor & has nothing to do with graphics.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H WIFI MOTHERBOARD 8200
AMD RYZEN 3 3100 PROCESSOR ( Upto 3.9 GHz / 18 MB Cache) 8600
ZOTAC GEFORCE GT1030 2GB GDDR5 6400

mitraark

Decrepit
Any other Graphics Card with some less price.
To be honest i'd consider this Graphics card itself as wastage of money, its not worth spending 6.5k and play in low settings that too with stuttering. One should go for a decent GPU like 1050ti or 1060 6GB; the second hand market is ideal for a tight budget, you can get a 1050 at 3-4k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any other Graphics Card with some less price.
The basic ones that cost ~3k & even weaker than integrated graphics of ryzen G processors. I suggest you to go through above posts once again to see your available options because all options are already given there.

Motherboard B450M DS3H
Processor Ryzen 3 3300X
or 3100 ?? Or any Other??
Graphic Card ??

And overall budget ??
Can support B450M DS3H motherboard with Ryzen 3 3300X and 3100 ??

I think it required graphic card for these two processor . Any suggestions ??
Not enough budget. For under 30k, the rig I suggested is kind of best what you can build.

R3 3100 + used GPU is something which can be had for like 5k over your budget. I agree with mitraark on GT 1030 being a waste of money. R3 3100 is surely a better performer than R3 3200G & R5 2400G, CPU wise.

quicky008

Technomancer
i3 10100 would have been a good option for budget pcs.However neither the 10th gen cpus nor cheaper b410 mobos are available here right now,i wonder when will they be released here,if at all.

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
@omega44-xt @whitestar_999

confusion about RAM frequency. 3000MHz or 3200MHz. ???

and suggest me about Antec PSU
VP500 PC
VP450P
VP500P plus

1.jpg
2.jpg

Ryzen 3rd gen supports even higher memory freq via memory OC (XMP) in BIOS, but B450 boards might not support over 3600MHz. I think 3200MHz works without XMP when paired with a supported board, likely B550 & X570. So just use XMP in B450 if RAM is not running at 3000/32000MHz, whichever you buy.

The non-OC limit is 2666MHz for Intel CPUs, but you need an expensive Z series mobo to use XMP in Intel.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Corsair CX450 & CX550 are much better than any of those 3 antec psu. Don't think too much about frequency, 3200MHz is better than 3000MHz so if you can buy 3200MHz then buy it else buy 3000MHz, as simple as that.

quicky008

Technomancer
Ryzen 3rd gen supports even higher memory freq via memory OC (XMP) in BIOS, but B450 boards might not support over 3600MHz. I think 3200MHz works without XMP when paired with a supported board, likely B550 & X570. So just use XMP in B450 if RAM is not running at 3000/32000MHz, whichever you buy.

The non-OC limit is 2666MHz for Intel CPUs, but you need an expensive Z series mobo to use XMP in Intel.

As xmp supposedly ocs the memory controller to run at higher speeds, can it possibly affect the cpu's or mobo's durability?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As xmp supposedly ocs the memory controller to run at higher speeds, can it possibly affect the cpu's or mobo's durability?
No, worst case scenario your pc will give an error on boot & then restart with lowest possible supported frequency. Processor durability only depends on how much overclocking & how hot it runs over its lifetime. For mobo again it depends on build quality & how hot its VRMs run over its lifetime.

Top Bottom