Config for Photoshop & A/V editing @ 42K

Fubar

----------------------
Hi,

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Strictly No Games. I need this PC for Photoshop CS 6.0 , Adobe Premiere Pro Steinberg Wavelab 7.2 etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 44k is the maximum budget I can spend.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Not sure. Probably.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 7 (64Bit)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I already have a BenQ 22" Full HD Led Monitor.(GW2250 HM)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: I don't want to buy 1. monitor 2. APC 600 VA UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Tomorrow 15th march '13 or day after Tomorrow.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: It will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Kolkata. I'm buying from Chandni market, Kolkata only.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: I want a hassle-free configuration so that it can serve me well in future.

** I have shortlisted Asus M5A97 EVO as motherboard and AMD FX 8350 as processor. I would like to know their compatibility! Can I get a Gigabyte motherboard alternative?

Thanks.

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD FX-8350 @ 11.6K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K (At 7K it is the best board and sadly no Gigabyte alternative)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB X 1 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 3.2K
Toshiba 1 TB SATA HDD @ 4.1K
Seasonic Eco 600 600W 85+ PSU @ 4.2K (Check M.D. Computer)
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.7K
MSI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 @ 7.8K/ Sapphire HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 @ 6.6K
Asus 24X Black DVD R/W @ 1K

I think the above config will satisfy all your needs. For shop, visit Vedant Infotech and M.D. Computers in Ganesh Chandra Avenue as they offer the best deals. Don't forget to mention you're from Digit forum as they are well aware of our forum and you can bargain a good deal.

OP
Fubar

Fubar

----------------------
Thank you Cilus, I am definitely visiting Vedant and MD Computers tomorrow.

OP
Fubar

Fubar

----------------------
AMD FX-8350 @ 11.6K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K (At 7K it is the best board and sadly no Gigabyte alternative)

I think the above config will satisfy all your needs. For shop, visit Vedant Infotech and M.D. Computers in Ganesh Chandra Avenue as they offer the best deals. Don't forget to mention you're from Digit forum as they are well aware of our forum and you can bargain a good deal.

I Bought the exact config suggested above from MD Computers and installed. No problem. Though Pradeep and Palash from MD advised me a Gigabyte mobo instead of Asus. They said services from Rashi Peripherals (Kolkata Dealer of Asus) is terrible.:eeksign:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Great purchase bro, congratulation yo you. And you have made the right choice by going with Asus. Now a days, their service have been increased a lot and we can always help you from here. On the other hand, Gigabyte service has been deteriorated a lot now a days.

sumalatha

Banned
AMD FX-8350 @ 11.6K

+1 to Cilus config

Congrats on a great buy @ Fubar

Top Bottom