Concept UI for Windows JumpTab

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You can also read this on my blog

Windows Explorer has drag & drop for files & folder. You can drag & drop some files or some folders in another folder by just dragging onto the folder you want to move the files to & drop it. But what if you want to drag it in a folder, inside a folder? Ofcourse you can use the tree view in sidebar to do this, but how about another method.

This is the usual method of dragging & dropping files in windows. As you can see, I selected some files & dragged them over to another folder. If I leave the mouse it will drop the files in that folder…but I have two other folders inside that folder. I cannot navigate directly to them, unless I am using JumpTab.

*img373.imageshack.us/img373/8560/usualmethodyq7.jpg

Just keeping your mouse over the folder for a second or half a second open a glass panel in which you see all the folders which are inside the primary folders. You don’t see the files inside that folder, nor does it opens the original folder. It just shows a new holder displaying the folders inside. This jump tab is called Holder. Now, you can drag files to any of the folder inside either images or video or you can just mouse over the folder “Image” & it will further expand "Images" folder in the holder. To go back or forward just click over the arrows. You don’t need to leave the Holder neither it will dismantle your “drag pile”.

*img355.imageshack.us/img355/1562/holderbr6.jpg

Holder also holds the items you are trying to drag. Like in this case I selected some images & videos & I want to put videos into video folder & images into images folder. What do I do? I simply leave all the files below the word “Holder” & from there I can select which file to drag to any particular folder.

Just click outside to remove the Holder from screen

Right now I m trying to make a Mock Video in flash to better represent it, but then again, how is the concept…?

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
The idea itself is very nice.Will help move files a lot.
But then again how's this work if i wanna move it deeper inside?
Like a folder inside a folder inside a folder.

Also one more suggestion.
Make the "Holder" stickable.
As in u can select a few files and drop em on it and then add a few more files while movin around folders.
This "Holder" stays on top allowin u to navigate a few folders and move all files needed into the folder u wanted.

Regards...
ray

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rayraven said:
The idea itself is very nice.Will help move files a lot.
But then again how's this work if i wanna move it deeper inside?
Like a folder inside a folder inside a folder.

Yup, it already does that. Read the part
Me said:
Now, you can drag files to any of the folder inside either images or video or you can just mouse over the folder “Image” & it will further expand "Images" folder in the holder.
Make the "Holder" stickable.As in u can select a few files and drop em on it and then add a few more files while movin around folders.
Does that too..

Me said:
Holder also holds the items you are trying to drag. Like in this case I selected some images & videos & I want to put videos into video folder & images into images folder. What do I do? I simply leave all the files below the word “Holder” & from there I can select which file to drag to any particular folder.
This "Holder" stays on top allowin u to navigate a few folders and move all files needed into the folder u wanted.
No No, in this case it will be a Clipboard basket, where you can drag & drop files & then perform an action of copying at once.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Hey thanx.
I must've over looked some parts.
Anyways its a cool idea.Keep the good work up.

Regards...
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom