Computers For My Office (Help!!!)

CrackeDJ

Right off the assembly line

I have to buy some computers for my office. We will be using these computers for web development. Can you guys suggest any changes to help me in my decision. We will be working on scripts like SQL DB, ASP, Dot NET, PHP, JSP and some designing work.

I have decided on the following setup keeping a budget of Rs 20,000 per system. I found out these rates at Compare India website. Pls correct if anything is wrong. A expert view would be helpful.

AMD-Athlon II X2 240 : 2880
Gigabyte - GA-MA74GMT-S2 : 3000
iBall cabinet with 400w psu : 1700
Seagate - Momentus ST9500420AS (500GB) : 1950
Logitech - Classic K100 : 211
Microsoft - Basic Optical Mouse : 375
Acer - X193HQ : 5500
Transcend 1 GB 1300 MHz DDR3 Ram X 2 : 2000

TOTAL : 17616
VTX3D - HD4350 AX4350 512MD2 (Optional)* : 1970
Total (Optional)* : 19586

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Do suggest if the graphics card is required and can't the on board graphics handle the pressure?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
if you can answer these question we can help you better!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:
4. Planning to overclock?
A:
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

Also whats your total budget for all your systems & the total no. of systems you want?

OP
C

CrackeDJ

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Web developement (Will be running s/w like SQL Server, Dot NET, Flash,Dreamweaver, Photoshop but for image resolutions for website requirements, Should be capable of runing php jsp scripts for web developement and office tools)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:Rs 20,000 per system

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7 Ultimate

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:anything equal or greater than 320GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: minimum of 1280 X 1024, 17"

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:yes

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:yes

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes but the current setup should serve my requirements for 3 yrs at least

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:No

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Bhubaneswar and yes i'm willing 2 buy from other city if it saves me some money

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I need best value for money and warranty, brand is not that important if it performs well and delivers what it promises.

Also whats your total budget for all your systems & the total no. of systems you want?
A: 2 lac, I will be requiring 10 of those PC as of now that comes down to 20K per machine.

Hope now i'll get some answers and suggestions.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX

I have to buy some computers for my office. We will be using these computers for web development. Can you guys suggest any changes to help me in my decision. We will be working on scripts like SQL DB, ASP, Dot NET, PHP, JSP and some designing work.

I have decided on the following setup keeping a budget of Rs 20,000 per system. I found out these rates at Compare India website. Pls correct if anything is wrong. A expert view would be helpful.

AMD-Athlon II X2 240 : 2700
Gigabyte - GA-MA74GMT-S2 : 2700
Zebronics Bijli with inbuilt PSU : 1500
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - 2000
Logitech - Classic K100 : 211
Microsoft - Basic Optical Mouse : 375
Dell E1709W : 5500
Kingston/Gskill 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram : 2500

TOTAL : 17486

Better not go with compareindia, its prices are usually outdated or not correct.
The monitor price listed by compareindia is pretty low, google shopping shows it at 6000-7000
If you really want a Graphics card go for Biostar 785 G3 HD for 4000.

Last edited:
OP
C

CrackeDJ

@ Cybertronic: thanks for the update and suggestion but forgive me if i am asking too much bangs per buck, but can i have a system with grafix card under 20k?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Processor: Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz @ 3.5k
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4k
Ram: A-Data 2Gb DDR3 @ 2.3k
Graphics Card: -
PSU: -
Cabinet: Zebronics Bijli with bundled PSU @ 1.5k
Hard Drive: Wester Digital 500Gb Green @ 1.9k
Monitor: Dell S2009W 20” @ 6.6k (from SMC International)
Keyboard-Mouse: Logitech Internet Desktop Pro @ 0.6k

Total: 20.4k. as it crossed your budget, get 18.5" monitor. or drop the motherboard for the more simple G3 version. but don't go for 17". they to small & resolution too low.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

@ Cybertronic: thanks for the update and suggestion but forgive me if i am asking too much bangs per buck, but can i have a system with grafix card under 20k?

a graphics card will be a bad choice when your systems won't be used in gaming. also the resolution not so high. IGP will handle it just perfectly.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
for the remaining money from my config you can only get either HD 4350 512 MB or after a bit of bargaining (or buying in bulk in your case) HD 4550 512 MB

Ahsan558

Broken In
I suggest you to buy duel core computer for your office use. I am also using these computers in my office and all are working properly. You can get some help from here too Computers Software, Hardware Pakistan

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Part Name
Description
Prices
Warranty
Processor
Intel Pentium G3220
3 years
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1
3 years