Computer turns off directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishald

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am using Intel 2.66Ghz dual core processor with Asus RD 2 VM motherboard and 1 gb Transcend ram. From last few days my computer turns of automatically while running windows anytime. I have tried reinstalling Windows xp changing power supply and also have completed scan with almost all the latest antivirus like Norton, Avg, kaspersky and Bit defender but in vain.

Kindly suggest to fix this as soon as possible as I am fed up now.

Regards,
Vishal Deoghare

azzu

AJJU
yes the main problem (hardware) would be Heating issue i had similar problem too
try and report whether it helps

OP
vishald

vishald

Broken In
Thanks guys

Can you suggest me any cpu temp monitor software? What should I do to control the heatsink temp?

Is there any other heatsink available in the market which I can use for Intel 2.66 ghz dual core processor?

Thanks in advance

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
Install RealTemp and post a screen shot...if the temperature stress. Do not use the BIOS to check, cause the fan profiles do not kick in, till the OS does not load.

OP
vishald

vishald

Broken In
Hey Guys it seems that heat sink is over heating
computer is not under warranty

Is there any cheap remedy to resolve over heating problem?

garfield_56

zzzzzzzzzz........
dunno about the heating thing...but i had a similar problem...it turned out thatt the RAM wass loose(or dirty0....

I removed the RAM, cleaned it...and inserted it properly again....it solved my problem....try it...might solve yours as well..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ vishald

hi buddy

Try out what asigh says.Download real temp and check your temp. after stressing it by using prime95 and post the screenshot using imageshack.

If the temperatures remain high then we will suggest you a good heatsink.

koolbuddy92

Broken In
I had a similar problem and it was related to RAM, there was dirt stuck in it..
it also happens in case of corrupted RAM..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom