computer shuts down on watching internet video

linkin park

Broken In
Recently i changed my motherboard , although now my computer works normally but on watching internet videos after sometime my computer shuts down. on restart a message flashes on start up (black screen) ."thermal processor trip press any key to continue ".on pressing any key the computer starts ,but on watching videos it again shuts down after a while, otherwise it works normally.
i have intel i3 processor ,suggest remedy please.

digitaltab

In the zone
specify your cpu config., mainly your psu and graphics card, the graphics driver version, also tell that if you have ever seen "out of memory" error on a blue screen at restart.
also, specify your internet connection and tell that while watching internet video, what extra you download via torrent/ downloaders at that time.
also specify whether a particular site (give the name) is causing it or it is happening in all such sites.

and apart from all these, do check the temperatures of your cpu, graphics card and other current, voltage parameters by using some softwares which you will get for free by a search on Google,
a few such links are:
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring
Core Temp

EDIT: also, run in safe mode, If running in safe mode does not produce the problem that means that there is/are driver/drivers that is/are causing the problem when running in normal mode. These drivers are not loaded when you are running in safemode thus no problem occuring. Why not run your win 7 repair disk and go back to a a previuos date where your computer was running normally? Choose recovery (I mean restore) in the menu. Or if you can access recovery (system restore) while in safemode then do it.
EDIT 2: go to the bios>advanced>processor retest>enable(if processor retest is disabled), save and exit. It should solve your problem.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
After the computer restarts, do u get an error message that Your computer has recovered from a serious error ?? If so.. then click send error report and if u are redirected to PX engine failure by microsoft.. then it's most likely a RAM issue.. u can try running memtest to verify though

NeoRoxio

Broken In
Does it happen while playing games? The message suggests the processor is heating up which can be fixed by adding some more thermal paste.
Use SpeedFan to check the temps of all devices, you may find something.

clmlbx

Technomancer
computer is restarted for precaution.. as according to error you said . processor temperature increases so it is restarted to cool it down. it must be happening with any video played on your comp not just with internet videos right?

check cpu temp in bios and check cpu temp before playing video, while playing video and after playing video if it doesn't shutdown..

use "core temp" to get temp from your desktop

you said you just changed motherboard so might be HSF (Fan on processor) is not installed properly, open case and see if fan is working or not.. if it is working try applying any good ThermalPaste

Top Bottom