Computer not Shutting down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I Press Start-->Turn OFF, my computer hangs, then i have to press CTR+ALT +del to turn off the computer...
But problem is that it shows "Windows is shutting Down" Infinitely...
I have to power off...
Suggest....

I have windows Xp SP3 ...
can this be a drivers problem....(Probably video or audio drivers)

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Try solutions mentioned here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/10

And stop using pirated , cracked version of windows XP...there is no official XP SP3 from Microsoft.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^+1:stop using fake/malware ridden cracked windows XP sp3 stick to basic sp2 ones;).

I think its time for a windows reinstall I hope you have used it for more than a week.I used to face a lotsa problem like that cos I dint used to turn it off properly so in future make it a habit of turning off your windows properly.

OP
U

Unbounded Bond

Broken In
First sorry for using SP3 as it was only availaible wheni had to foramt last time.... @ravi : I tried to look into your link but how i wd be able to find out which one is the problem,,,is there any way of checking @: What exactly do you mean by properly turning off the computer and plz sugest smthig else except windows reinstall as i beleive reinstalling can affect my LAptop.

V

vaibhavtek

may be some VIRUS attack.
scan the whole system with some good antivirus e.g AVG and see the no. of virus and heal then.
then ur prob must be solved.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Unbounded Bond said:
@ravi : I tried to look into your link but how i wd be able to find out which one is the problem,,,is there any way of checking .
there is no way to find exact problem.So, you need to do try all one by one.Any can work for you.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Why dont yöü post in Q&A section.
Anyway try using tunexp and set to shutdown within 3 sec.may be it should work.

OP
U

Unbounded Bond

Broken In
i tried scaning system no virus found

What exactly u mean by TUneXP.....I dint get

@ravi I have tried each and everything given there....but cant find ny improvement.....:(

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Unbounded Bond said:
i tried scaning system no virus found

What exactly u mean by TUneXP.....I dint get
TuneUP is a system software.You can download trial version from here:
*www.tune-up.com/

@ravi I have tried each and everything given there....but cant find ny improvement.....:(
Than I am scared, you need to repaid your Xp using XP Recovery Console.

anand1

In the zone
try to check the jumper pins on you Mobo. And try to manually short the pins after shutting down the system. And even if it does not shut down correctly then look for then make the BIOS as a default setting and reboot the system.

OP
U

Unbounded Bond

Broken In
As i am now turning off my laptop by either pressing power off button or going in
task manager and ending the networkprocesss SVChost.exe (which shows your computer will restart in 60 secs) ,then turning it off which is succesful(Turning off)
So are these two techniques going to affect my lappy??

@anand...i am not so much good with computers...plzz tell me what are mobo and jumper pins...what exactly need to be done??

Unplugging my system..obviously i do unplug my system

Last edited:

anand1

In the zone
Mobo - Motherboard.
On the motherboard there is the reset pins and the power pins which reside on it. When you press either the reset or power buttons then these short's up and the system restatrs or powr off or on. these are called the reset jumoer or pins or power pins or jumpers as well.

praka123

left this forum longback
@windows techies:isnt CLI (cmd) be opened as administrator of the system and run shutdown and trace what is hindering shutting down the system?
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/ballew_commandline.mspx
*www.ss64.com/nt/
^^^these may help pinpoint the problem may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom