Computer HDD problem.

Computer HDD problem[SOLVED]

I have been using my computer for about 9-10 years now. Lately its giving me a lot of problems. Recently i had to purchase a CPU cooler as the CPU tends to reach 103 C !!! now its giving me some weird problems.
I have 2 HDD's
1. Seagate 80gb(os)
2. Toshiba 160gb(random data)
So, whenever i plug both the hdd in the computer restarts by itself when i reach the starting windows screen in W7.
when i plug just the Seagate(with OS) the computer runs normally.
My config.
Pentium D @3.4ghz
Intel mobo d94zis
Local CPU cooler(works pretty fine temps are ~70 and reach about 85 when heavy usage)
I ball generic case
Frontech PSU 350W(working fine, no problems)
MSI nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB(ancient crap..but runs cod4 fine)

Can you guyz suggest me something called a solution to run both the hdd without problems ??? BTW, the Toshiba HDD is a laptop one which was working fine for the last day.(it is getting detected by the BIOS).

Last edited:

itsakjt

Broken In
Connect both the hard drives. Go to BIOS. Go to boot> boot priority order(or similar) and set the Seagate drive as primary. Report back if you still have a problem.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Some pointers to check....
Does it boot In to some live Linux with both hdds connected? If yes check if you can map toshiba hdd drives in Linux and access.
run utilities like gparted in Linux and check the hdd health. Sometimes bad sectors might prevent windows from booting / loading.
Disconnect main hdd ( power and data cables) and just keep toshiba and try installing windows on it. Assuming you have windows DVD run setup and see if windows installs on free space or available primary partition on toshiba.
Look for any disk diagnostic / repairing tools either on toshiba site or third party utilities that may boot off cd and do disk check and repair etc.

I got it working for now. just restarted the pc the next day and plugged in the disk and now its working fine.
will get back to you guyz if any problems occurs.

Top Bottom