COMPUTER FREEZES after booting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja2281

Journeyman
HI

i am having this problem since 3-4 days. whenever i start my computer after booting normally everything works perferctly for the first 5-10 mins and then suddenly the pc hangs with no ctrl+alt+del or any keys working, mouse pointer freezes. only way out is reseting.

I have now started my pc on "safe mode with networking" and it is working properly.
So if it is working in safe mode without freezing i assume the harddrive is Ok and the problem lies in the hardware & their drivers.

So please if an1 can tell which hardware cud coz it. if an1 has experinced it before help me on this.

My Pc Config:
2.2ghz core 2 duo
2 gb ram
250 gb harddisk
dvd writer
intel 965ry motherboard

thx

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
sometimes it happens due virus. verify if your system isn't infected. regarding drivers u may use driver cd which was provied with motherboard(if assembled) or pc.

before installing new drivers, you should 1st get all the drivers uninstalled, as well as you may update firmware via internet.

if you are still going confused?? tell me wht OS u r using.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW do you use onboard gfx ?
If so, clean & reinsert your rams.
I had encountered such probs due to bad rams.

Also what software do you have installed recently ?
If you installed new HW drivers & the prb occurs then revert back to older drivers.
Again run a check disk on your HDD & fix any possible errors.

OP
R

raja2281

Journeyman
thx for your replies.

Rams are ok. did the test using memtest86. i removed some hardware like modem and tv tuner also. but no success. no softwares were installed. in fact i even did a format and installed xp again. so no question of any virus infecting the system partition.

2 things are remaining to test harddrive and the motherboard which has onboard video , lan , audio. donno how do i test them?

also a point to note is pc does not freeze in safe mode but in normal mode only.

any more suggestions wht shud i do?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
To check your HDD

Go to explorer > right click on your HDD partions > Select Properties > Tools > Click Check Now > Check the boxes : 1 Automaticcally fix sys erros
2. Try & attempt to recover bad sectors and click OK

chandal_keta

Broken In
however most of the INTEL RY board is having some problem...i suggest replace it...and u wnt have much problem in future!!

chandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom